Thread: How to select or search multiple files and copy and paste it to new folder in windows 7

How to select or search multiple files and copy and paste it to new folder in windows 7

I am using windows 7 in my laptop and having quite huge number of data. Many of those files are with different names. I want to copy some selected name files from my laptop to my computer which has the more files than I am having in my laptop. I want the files both from my laptop as well as form my computer. I want to copy selected files which are on the computer and I want to paste those files in the laptop. Is there any easy way to find the files because it takes much time in finding one file. Can anyone help me in solving this problem?

Re: How to select or search multiple files and copy and paste it to new folder in windows 7

I was having the same problem with my laptop. The whole laptop was messed up with the files and folders. I had to sort all the files and folders accordingly and it took around 2 days for me to sort out the whole mess. After then my friend gave me advice that you can do it in an easier way.

To copy the selected file go to search option from the folder where you are having the files. Search for the name and then it will find the specific file name in that folder only. Once you found the file you can copy the file and then paste the file in the folder you want to. This is the easiest way but it is also a little time consuming. You have to specifically search the file name and then copy paste the file where you want to.

Re: How to select or search multiple files and copy and paste it to new folder in windows 7

You can also search multiple files in the same folder using the same technique which is mentioned in the above reply. To do so you can use “or” in the name of the files. For example I wanted to find the files having name 90025, 90036, 90028, 90001. To search all this files I had to follow the procedure again and again. Which was very time consuming and a little lengthy. I used the or word to find the specific files from my computer. When I searched for the same files by giving a comma it didn’t find the files. Then I told my friend regarding the issue he told me to use or instead of comma. When I searched for the files using or it found the files.

To search for multiple files with a single search, follow these steps:

1. Click the Start button select Find
    2. In Find click Files or Folders.
    3. Type the name you want to search in the Named box,
    4. For searching multiple files type each file name separated by a semicolon. For example: rahul; jayesh ; miten
    5. This search lists all files in the target location.
    6. In the Look In box select the location you want to search.
    7. Click Find Now to find the files.

You can use Windows Grep. Windows Grep's search is quick and more powerful than a simple windows explorer folder search. It gives lightning fast results and an option for previewing the matching text and optionally the lines surrounding the text. You can search plain text, binary files. This software also searches within the zip archives. It is an useful tool for searching across multiple files.