Thread: Getting Error "invalid API object reference" after upgrading to Mac OS X Lion 10.7.4

Getting Error "invalid API object reference" after upgrading to Mac OS X Lion 10.7.4

As I have mentioned above after upgrading the MAC OS X lion from 10.7.3 to 10.7.4. “spctl” was enabled in MAC OS X10.7.3 and that time I was not facing any problem while installing any program. After upgrading the MAC OS X lion to 10.7.4 when I try to install any program at that time I get error message regarding procedure sign. I have tried to resolve this problem by disabling the “spctl “ but while disabling the “spctl” I get error message saying "invalid API object reference". I don’t know how to solve this problem. Please help me out with this.

Re: Getting Error "invalid API object reference" after upgrading to Mac OS X Lion 10.7.4

As far as I know system policy facility was available in the 10.7.3 version which was limited for the developer preview only and that is why we can not expect system policy facility to work every time. You should try to solve this problem by changing the security preferences. First of all click on the gear icon from the dock and then open system preferences and then you have to click on Security pane. Now change the security preference from there and then you have to check whether your problem get solved or not? May be this solution will be helpful for you.

Re: Getting Error "invalid API object reference" after upgrading to Mac OS X Lion 10.7.4

After upgrading the MAC OS X lion to 10.7.4 in my computer I was also having same problem and then i have tried to search for the solution on internet but I was not able to get any solution. I have also tried to solve this problem by changing the security preferences but it didn’t make any difference. Now after that I have restored file /var/db/SystemPolicy from the backup and then I have restarted my computer. After restarting the computer when I tried to install software in my computer at that time I didn’t get any problem. If you have backup on your system then I will also suggest you to restore the /var/db/SystemPolicy and then see whether your problem gets solved or not?

Changing the security preferences from the security pane in system preferences didn’t helped me to solve this problem. I don’t have backup in my system now please tell me what should I do to solve this issue? Is there anything wrong with the operating system or something else is creating the problem?

You should use this command “sudo spctl --master-disable” to disable “spctl” and then you have to check whether same problem is occurring or not? Go to the application and select Utilities. Now open terminal window and then enter the command and then press enter. After doing that you have see whether you can install the software or not? If you get same error even after trying this solution then let me know.