Thread: How to re-install Mail.app in Mac OS X Lion 10.7.4

How to re-install Mail.app in Mac OS X Lion 10.7.4

I am presently on Mac OS X Lion and I have some sever issues with my mail not working well. So, it came to my notice that my Mail.app in Lion 10.7 has become unresponsive. In addition, I am also not able to view Message Viewer Window. I was trying with making some changes to my accounts and it has seen that it has affected too with my accounts as I was not able to open preferences. I just need to un-install mail , but not finding any ways for the same. Can you specify specific reason , why I am not able to do so.

Re: How to re-install Mail.app in Mac OS X Lion 10.7.4

I have same issues as when I set up Mail as a "login item", it will start automatically when I login. As I previously used and there were no issues but recently , it came to my notice that the Mail application does not react to any mouse input when I login. All other input as Keyboard works fine. I need to have a restart of my Mail and then only the mouse input will tend to work again. I run Mail in full screen mode and this issue did only take place after the Lion upgrade.

Guys, this is a common issue as I think this occurred with me and all the time when I try to open Mail, it tends to be unresponsive. I was not finding any mean to the same. I just quit my Mail. Moved the file com.apple.mail.plist from ~/Library/Preferences to my Desktop. I was with some hints after this. I then tried my mail again.

According to me, your mail application is not having any issues and it is all concerned to user data for Mail which might be the possibility of causing issues on your side. Jut move in the Library folder by holding down an "option" key which will prompt Finder's "Go" menu alternative. So you can then access the data and check if it correct or not. So you will be having that data in your <yourhomefolder>/Library/Mail. drag that folder onto your Desktop and you will be with the launching of that mail. But make a note of one thing that you will lose some or the other mail data.

I have a step by step guide which will be useful in your case to solve this issue. So , to start with , you need to remove the mail icon from the dock initially, and from the Finder hold down the <option> key >>Go. You will then be with an by default hidden folder in ~/Library/ in the list of items . It was also said by the previous post to move ~/Library/Mail/ to the desktop or another suitable place and do the same. And then launch Mail.app . you then need to choose import Mailboxes from the File Menu. And then select Import Data from Apple Mail. Then you need to move in the folder where you moved it. And then you will have option to choose and you will be then with process of completing the import and after this replace the mail icon in the dock.