Thread: How can I put applications icon in Mac OS X Lion Sidebar

How can I put applications icon in Mac OS X Lion Sidebar

I was previously making use of windows and as I found mac os to be interesting these days and to perform some more testing regarding some of this operating system made an install of Mac OS X Lion and it really works great. I just found a Sidebar where we can add applications and folders so that it’s easy to access. However , I am not able to do so as when I am trying to drag and drop apps or app alias into sidebar, it is unable to expand between icons and allocate room. I am not able to add files also to sidebar and can you give me some tips for doing so. As well as I am also concerned to an issue as I am not able to add a space bar between groupings of like folders on sidebar? So how can I do it.

Re: How can I put applications icon in Mac OS X Lion Sidebar

First of all , if you need to place files in the Sidebar under Lion, its really easy to locate it but you are not able to just drag and drop them there like you used to be able to. And if you’re willing to place a file in the Sidebar
    1. In a Finder window, you need to navigate to the file you desire to place in the Sidebar and pick it.
    2. From Finder menubar choose Finder and then move in the File>> Add to Sidebar, otherwise press Command-T. The file will be positioned in the Sidebar, where you are able to click-drag it up and down to place it as you desire.

I just drag the files to the Finder Toolbar instead, there they are as well effortlessly easy to get to from any Finder window but the only disadvantage of getting through is that I have to open "customize toolbar" to get eliminate , when they are no longer required. I performed this step always but when I came to know that I was able to hold down the Command key and drag them off of the Toolbar area, and there was really no requirement to go to Customize Toolbar.

A simple procedure is to open Finder and navigate to the parent folder of the fodler you desire to make a shortcut for. in addition, you need to click and drag the folder into the sidebar where you desire it and drop it. You are also able to drag Applications or else any additional item into your sidebar, making it simpler to get to your favorite apps or folders. You will have a shortcut to that folder every time you open finder.

Hey , I was having some issues with the sidebar as when I open a file from the sidebar, it came to my notice that my m sidebar was disappearing . Sometimes it remains as it is.I made some experiments on it a little bit to come across when it disappears and when it stays.so I think this may be issue concerning to some of the users using sidebars. If I open a file from the sidebar and don’t save it before closing , it will tend to remain on the sidebar. I am able to open it most of times as I want and it will stay, as long as I don't press "save" previous to quitting. But if I open a file from the sidebar and save it before closing, everything is ok , I f I save the file for the first time , but when I make some further changes in the opened file, it will disappear from the sidebar. So isn’t it weird. So , I have to add it manually back once more.so I think he sidebar is of no use to me as I edit most of the files many times.

So if that is the case, then you are able to duplicate the file or export from the file, and the icon stays put, but once you save a new version, the icon disappears , I believe this is caused by Lion's versioning strategies. The recently safed edition is a unlike file which is not yet added to the sidebar, as well as the previous version will be hidden and not show up in the sidebar. I tried to add an alias to the sidebar and I was able to do the same by dragging it there even without the Cmd-key. But it doesn't resolve the issue for some basis alias also disappears after the file is saved on the subsequently.It appears though that there is no such matter when the files are placed on the Toolbar. They don't vanish no matter how often I open, edit along with save the file.