Thread: Getting System Preferences pop up on boot of Mac OS X Lion

Getting System Preferences pop up on boot of Mac OS X Lion

as the title of this particular thread is saying what I wanted to ask you over here. well I have installed Mac OS X Lion on my system. whenever I am booting System Preferences opening to Paragon NTFS on Mac Page irrespective of settings. I have installed NTFS drive. can you tell me what happened wrong in this particular situation. I am waiting for the prompt replies of yours in this particular situation. thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Getting System Preferences pop up on boot of Mac OS X Lion

Looking at the situation I am suggesting following thing which will help you to resolve the matter of yours. in this particular work around you are supposed to delete service which supposed to starting Preferences Panel with NTFS on operating system which you have installed on your system.

You should go for Applications and click on Utilities.

From Utilities window you should go for Terminal and run below mentioned command.

Code:
    sudo rm /System/Library/LaunchAgents/com.paragon.NTFS.notify.plist
    copy and paste above mentioned command and press enter. After that you should provide administrator password if it is prompting for the same. after entering password you should press enter.

Also you should change RunAtLoad to false.

Once you have done the same you will not get Preferences pane pop up upon booting up of your system.

Give a try to below mentioned steps and let me know whether it is working or not.
    • Once your system is booted. You should right click on system preferences icon available on dock.
    • You will get below mentioned options in right click menu.

Remove From Dock
    Open At Login
    Show in Finder
    Open

• You have to click on Open at Login. You will noticed a checkmark near to Open at Login. If there is checkmark then it should open the same upon bootup.

I was facing the same issue with Paragon NTFS 9.5.2. i had fixed the issue by using below mentioned steps. The reason why reappearing preference pane happening at bootup as Paragon NTFS checking specific file at specific location.
    Code:
    /Users/<<your_username>>/Library/Application Support/Paragon NTFS for Mac OS X/.notfirsttime
    If you have moved folder of the user to different location such as
    Code:
    /Volumes/<<second_harddrive>>/Users/

Paragon NTFS would create .notfirsttime-file file into below mentioned folder.

Code:
    /Volumes/<<second_harddrive>>/Users/<<your_username>>/Library/Application Support/Paragon NTFS for Mac OS X/
    However when you starting your computer next time it is simply checking into below mentioned location.
    Code:
    /Users/<<your_username>>/Library/Application Support/Paragon NTFS for Mac OS X/
    On above mentioned location that it is not able to find file and showing reference pane first time.

Now you should try below mentioned things to resolve above mentioned issue.

First of all you should create soft link for relevant users into /Users/ directory to the location by having

Code:
    ln -s /Volumes/<<second_harddrive>>/Users/<<your_username>> /Users/<<your_username>>
    after that you should create appropriate file as well as folder by using below mentioned command
    Code:
    mkdir /Users/<<your_username>>; cd /Users/<<your_username>>; mkdir Library; cd Library; mkdir "Application Support"; cd "Application Support"; mkdir "Paragon NTFS for Mac OS X"; cd "Paragon NTFS for Mac OS X"; touch .notfirsttime

I am posting another solution apart from above which can help you to resolve the issue which you are getting over here.
    • First of all you should launch Terminal on your computer.
    • Now you should execute below mentioned command to show hidden files in Mac OS X’
    • Code:
      defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles -bool true
    • after that you have to log out Mac OS X and logged back in.
    • now you have to browse to /Users/<<your_username>>/Library/Application Support
    • you should create a folder a name with ‘Paragon NTFS for Mac OS X’
    • now you have to execute below mentioned command to hide files on Mac OS X.
    • Code:
      defaults write com.apple.finder AppleShowAllFiles -bool false
    • close Termianl.
    • Logg out and relogin on Mac OS X.
    • You will see Paragon window as .notfirsttime file not created in Paragon NTFS in to Mac OS X folder.
    • Now you have to log out Mac OS X and reclogged in Mac OS X.
    • Paragon will not return but still you are going to get full read/ write access to NTFS volumes..

Well I am suspecting that the issue which you have mentioned over here is happening because of bug issue. I am hoping that Paragon should provide a new update to fix said bug issue over here.