Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 05-05-2012
jacoboram

How to turn off or disable automatic update in windows7

How to off total auto update in windows7 ? I use limit data service. so please help about this problem.
Old 07-05-2012

Re: How to turn off or disable automatic update in windows7

Follow the steps that i have given you over here it will surely help you.

1) Go to My computer. Right click on it and go to properties.

2) A system dialog box will open, in the left side bar there will be a small tab which denotes 'See also'. Under that there will be a windows update option.

3) Click on windows update option, a small dialog box will appear. In the left sidebar click on 'Change settings'.

4) A small windows will appear in front of you which displays 'Choose how windows can install updates'

5) There will be 2 check boxes one would be showing a) Install updates automatically and the other one would b) Never check for updates.

6) You need to select never check for updates.

Thats it.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , ,