Thread: CNC Router Machine running on Windows 7 is locked

CNC Router Machine running on Windows 7 is locked

New to the forums, hopefully someone here can help me out.

My company just purchased a new CNC router. The control system has Windows 7 Professional installed on it.

Today I was trying to set up a wireless adapter on the CNC so that I could transfer files from my office PC to the router, as well as use the connection for the manufacturer to access the router for troubleshooting. After clicking the install button for the adapter setup on the CD, Windows prompted me for a password to let the .exe file execute. I also tried to install another CAD system that the manufacturer recommended, with the same result.

The problem is, I don't have any type of password set up, This is a brand new system ( set up 2 days ago ), there is no administrative account in the system ( that we have manually created, anyway ). I know the W7 OS has been modified somewhat to work with the router programming language, however I contacted the CNC manufacturer and they say they have never heard of this happening with their systems in the past.

So, does anyone know of a way around this? I cannot create a new user, or modify the existing controls/account when the system is up and running.

Thanks for any ideas you may have.

Re: W7 wants password that wasn't set up

That is because the admin account is locked and you cannot do or setup any software unless you have that password. The account which you are logged in has limited access. There is a option by which you can remove the existing Windows password. First boot in safe mode with command prompt. For that restart the system and press F8 on start. Click the above option I had mentioned. In command prompt type "net user *". After this you can see list of accounts in that system. Then type "net user nameofaccount *" hit enter. Hit enter one or two time to reset the admin password. If this does not work you can use a bootable disc to find the admin password. Called as OphCrack. Download it and burn it into dvd. Boot from the dvd and it show up Windows password.