Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2012

Windows 7 Internet Connections

I have windows 7, ADSL, Chrome and IE9.

My problem is that when I am connected to broadband (manual logon), a LOCAL AREA CONNECTION also comes alive and results in some websites seeing the broadband connection and some the LAC. This cause some websites to ask if I want to go online, even though the broadband is connected.

If I disable the LAC the broadband connection dies and will only re-logon when the LAC is re-enabled.

I have checked the status of both and the LAC, even though it is not shown via the Windows 7 connection icon, is downloading data continually.

Any ideas????
Old 07-05-2012

Re: Windows 7 Internet Connections

See the Local Area connection should be enabled when you are trying to browse or do any work related to the internet. If you disable it the network connection will get disabled.

Now i am not understanding what exactly is the problem? You aren't able to browse or something else?

If you can give me a better insight of the problem then it would be better for me to understand and solve your query.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: ,