Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Windows Installer Corrupt Vista Home Premium

Operating Systems

Old 02-05-2012

Windows Installer Corrupt Vista Home Premium

Hello, I am very new to this forum but have really got a problem.

Much of it all started about 2 months ago when I went to update my Adobe Acrobat from 9 to 10. I started getting errors about permissions and such, but resolved them using “Take Ownership” application. Loaded fine, but never worked. When rolling back, I could not, and System Restore did resolve my Acrobat problem. Long story short, I had to remove all Adobe products, Dream Weaver, Acrobat, Photoshop etc.

Now, I cannot even install Acrobat Reader!! I download, and it says it cannot find the specified file to install. I have attempted updating and repairing Windows Installer, and I cannot do that either. That always comes up with an error that says I do not have enough resources to complete the request.

I just want to somehow repair my Windows Installer application, and be able to install applications once again.

I do not have my Vista CD.

I think if anyone can help me restore and make operable my Windows Installer I will be able to recover slowly on my own…

Thanx in advance for any tips, advice, links or files!

Kindest regards,
AZWaldo

Old 07-05-2012

Re: Windows Installer Corrupt Vista Home Premium

There is already a thread targeted on this issue better do a internal search properly here in TA before posting.

Anyways do refer this http://forums.techarena.in/vista-set...ll/1063833.htm , Windows Installer issues - will not install or uninstall anything you will get all the necessary information.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , ,