| || |
Join Date: Jul 2011
re: MS Outlook 2010 not configuring with Windows 8 CP
I think that you may not have configured your email account properly. That can be reason for not working the outlook in Win 8. Here are the steps to configure your email account in outlook.
- Open Outlook
- On File menu, select Info
- Select Account Settings
- On Email tab, click New, select Email Account, and click next.
- Select the manually configure server settings or additional server types, and click next.
- Select Internet E-Mail, and click next.
- Select the account you want to configure in Add New E-mail Account dialog box and click next.
- To configure the new email account manually
- Select the manually configure server settings or additional server types check box, and click next.
- Select Internet E-mail, and click next.
- Under User Information
- Type your name in your name box
- Type your email address in email Address box
- Select HTTP in the Account Type box to configure your Gmail, hotmail or other account.
- In the HTTP Service Provider box, select the service provider for your account.
- If you clicked other in the HTTP Service Provider, type the URL of your mailbox in the Server URL.
- Under Logon Information
- In User Name box, type your user name.
- In Password, type the password that your ISP provided.
- If you want Outlook to remember your password, click Remember password check box.
- If the ISP requires login, login using Secure Password Authentication.
- Click on Test Account Settings to check whether the account is configured properly or not.
- Click next, and then click Finish.