Thread: Windows 8 search functionality is not working

Windows 8 search functionality is not working

I have installed windows 8 in my system and there is something wrong with its search functionality, everything else is working fine. However, when try to search for any files, than I am not able to access the charm. I don’t know for what reason I am dragged back to the home/start screen. Is this some kind of a bug? Is there a fix for it???

Re: Windows 8 search functionality is not working

I don’t think it’s a bug, even I have installed windows 8 in my system last week and I am not having any issue as such. Its search functionality is working fine. I want to know if you have made some changes in your system recently. I mean have you installed some third party applications or have you installed some updates and so???

No I haven’t installed any third party application, I have simply upgraded to windows 8 from windows 7, that’s it. I haven’t installed any update as well. I was just going through its features and functionality and surprisingly found this weird issue with its search functionality. I did not face any errors while upgrading to windows 8 and I am not getting any error now as well. I am simply dragged to home/start screen after typing some characters in search on the charms bar.

Did you found a fix for this? I am running in to same situation. As soon as I type 3 to 4 characters in search box on the charms bar, charm bar gets closed and I am dragged to start menu. I have tried clicking on the app to search and typing characters but I am getting the same response there as well. Am I missing something? Will I have to reinstall windows 8?? I have checked out many sites for a fix but I haven’t come across one. Please let me know if anyone here is aware of any solution for fixing this issue, any help on this matter will be appreciated.

Hey guys I have come across one who was facing exactly the same issue and have fixed it as well. Simply try reinstalling the search options in Windows by going in to “programs and features / turn windows features on/off”.
    Do post your result after trying it out, best of luck.