Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 29-04-2012

Windows 8 will be called as MS Bob 2.0?

I have heard that the now Windows 8 is also called as MS Bob 2.0. Some says that it is not the best and suitable version for corporate use because this will make the Windows into playschool computer by making it all touchy-feely. For this reason I won?t call it as Windows 8 or Metro but MS Bob 2.0. Everyone know that MS Bob as the worst OS enhancement of all time.
Old 29-04-2012

Re: Windows 8 will be called as MS Bob 2.0?

Does anyone remember Microsoft Bob? Of course not, if it was a failure! In 1995 Microsoft introduced a system of physical interface for the desktop. The idea was that Bob will help the user to do things on the desktop, how to write programs and documents. A kind of Clippo in Microsoft Office, but for the entire PC. The main problem with this innovative interface was that it was too annoying. You too limited to make things pretty simple. Microsoft's dream is that each user has a Laura on your personal computer. It is so detailed graphic design and artificial intelligence so broad that you need an integrated eight-core processor to run smoothly. Apparently Microsoft's dream will not be achieved by now, because today the most common home computer has advanced to four cores .

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,