Thread: Recovery partition failing in windows 7

Recovery partition failing in windows 7

I have been noticing number of users having windows 7 system facing this problem. Even yesterday one of my friends comes to me with his computer, he was having trouble with a malware and also having problem with is OS. He said that his recovery partition has gone corrupted. He tried using BIOS but that didn’t help him at all. Then we tried the advanced recovery features but even that was unsuccessful. As far as I know reinstallation of the system and the program is quite simple but then what’s wrong with the recovery partitions. Just wanted to know what security setting are possible for him to add to a recovery partition as I personally believe that there is no such thing present in the system that is secure, at least for now. is there any way of using and utilizing them outside the windows restore, BIOS or manufacturer Tools like Acer uses Alt+F9. Please help me out; somehow I wanted to get a solution for my friend. at least people around here with the similar problem will get some sort of help with this thread. Any suggestions are very much appreciable.

Re: Recovery partition failing in windows 7

Many a times I have been hearing of malware that is going after the recovery partition in order to not to restore the puter back to the factory conditions. I have repaired on few of the system and as per my experience I can only that that if recovery partition are corrupted then surely it can’t be of no use in future. If asked me I would personally ignore recovery partition. I would always wish to get each and every puter to be sold out with a DVD and with an OS on so that the machine could easily be able to get windows OS reinstalled without any problem and issues that comes along with the recovery partition.

While installing windows the first and the fore most thing I personally do and I also recommend other to do is to make images or clone the partitions of the hard drive. This is the best thing you could ever do to save your data and the recovery partition. Generally its only the C drive that has all the programs and data, and the recover partition. Anyways after the clone I would prefer to make the recovery DVDs so that I could have that option, then I would make ISO files of the recovery DVD. Now what happens is the recovery DVD get stored and the images and the ISO files with the future back up are altogether get stored on another separate external hard drive. Just to make things redundant I even try to go far away so as to store of them on a thumb drives. Doing all this thing is sure not going to help me now at present but image what if for any reason the malware or the drive fails. At least I have multiple numbers of ways to restore the hard drive back to the factory conditions. I would strongly suggest everyone (not just the ones facing any kind of issue with the recovery partition) to do the thing that I have suggested. It will help you in future at least in some of the other way.

I too have a partition on my system that went bad while I was trying to do a disk operation on it but fortunately the other partition that I was having with windows 7 was working fine and good. So therefore I sued up that partition for next one month. But then later on again I attempted with the partition program for rewriting the partition table believing that at least it would get the other half of the partition fixed that was for some reason messed up. I must say that I used up the same application on the external hard drive that I have and it worked great for me so hence I figured the ID that I try on the windows partitions also. Later on when I rebooted the machine it said ntlld was missing, not sure with the exact name but it was something like that. However I followed up the putting that I have in my windows 7 install CD and then the repair tool was unable to find any of the windows 7 installations. I also tried to find the windows 7 by doing the following thing in the command prompt bootrec /fixboot , bootrec /fixmbr and bootrec /scanos.

I also loaded up the Gparted and there was one NTFS partition that actually said that it was full, then I tried booting but it didn’t work and nothing happened at all. also the other rest of the partition said that it was unallocated and also completely free which I was already knowing that its not all true in any of the way as I was booting from that one on my windows 7 while trying to fix the partition table then I rebooted and the problem started again. Currently the status is that I am trying to partition Wizard Home Edition so that I could get at least some help.

First of all let me tell you that I am not a hard core technical person. But I do understand the problems and also all the other computer related aspects. Now after reading out your issue and complications trust I do not have any specific or correct solution for the same but I can aware you of certain things. Always remember that prevention is better than cure. As you have mentioned that your recovery partition has got corrupted; on this I can only comment that why you didn’t during the initial phase deleted the recovery partition from your windows 7 system.

As far as I know the installer for the windows 7 always without even your knowledge creates a 100MB of system reserved partition in most of the installation cases, for some of the pre-RTM betas it was something 200MB. The partition contains windows Recovery Environment and it also has the property ot enable the BitLocker functionality. Lastly it is the default location of the bootloader and therefore we can easily delete it. let me be very much clear, now I have no where recommended you to remove the partition, I was only letting you know the advantage and wellness of doing so during the earlier time when you installed your OS. This partition actually contains a lot of important and enough tools that help to save the buns when the system gets a bad sector. I still remember that I was told by many people that this thing could not be removed in any way which worried me a lot but then after I googled and searched a lot, I ended up with a positive result. Over there it was recommended to attempt removing the partition only with a bootable Win7 DVD around. Its much better if you don’t attempt it at all as I personally feel that 100 or 200MB is not actually a huge amount of space especially on today’s gigabyte hard drives.

I do agree that recovery partition does exist in each and every system. Personally feel that recovery partition must be saving companies few money on each and every computer system for not having a physical restore media.

The only thing you can ever try to do is to try out building up a collection of the restore media discs for several different computer manufacturers and models. If ever a client or a customer tries to bring up theirs in and copy it then at least it should be on the positive side as according to the law which is surely based on the fact that the software is legal, I mean to say that you are having it on the machine that is sharing a proper and correct license for the software. There are several industries that keeps on trying but let me tell you that the recovery partitions are nothing but a simple and the best idea. It has never been so possible to simply discard the recovery media. The only thing at the end I would like to say is to not to worry about such thing and simply carry on using the recovery media that has been created while we purchase the computer system.

Hi,
    You can recover data lost from partitions using partition recovery software. Remo Recover (Windows) - Pro Edition is Windows 7 partition recovery software that can recover lost or missed partition using advanced algorithm. It can recover files after formatting the hard drive, deleted files from recycle bin, deleted data from USB drives, etc. You can download the free demo version of the software and evaluate the performance in recovering the lost data.