Thread: ASUS Sabertooth 990FX is freezing while entering Hibernate mode - windows 8 consumer preview

ASUS Sabertooth 990FX is freezing while entering Hibernate mode - windows 8 consumer preview

I have recently installed windows 8 consumer preview and the system is having ASUS Sabertooth 990FX along with Intel 520 SSD, the problem that I am facing with the same is that it is getting freeze while entering the Hibernate mode, I have not yet faced any freezing issues in the normally mode, I don’t know what is the issue all about, the problem has started after installing windows 8 consumer preview, I was using windows 7 and I had never faced any such issues there, I have tried reinstalling the windows 8 but then it is not appearing to be making any difference and the issue still exist, the strange thing that I have notices is that after forcing it to stop it when the system starts again then I get an message which says something about the Roxio-program needing an update, I have checked out the whole system and I have not yet found any program like that, can this be an virus? is there anyone who can me out fixing this??

Re: ASUS Sabertooth 990FX is freezing while entering Hibernate mode - windows 8 consumer preview

As far as I know the windows 8 consumer preview is not compatible with some device drivers or BIOS and that is what might be causing Hibernation problem in your case, if you want then you can try upgrading the bios along with the network adapter drivers and the motherboard drivers and see if the issue is getting solved or not if not then I think that you will have to disable the Hibernation until one comes up with any other solution for this issue, you have mentioned something about the Roxio program update, so I just want you to check out and see if there is any registry entries which might be related to the Roxio program.

Re: ASUS Sabertooth 990FX is freezing while entering Hibernate mode - windows 8 consumer preview

Hey thanks for your interest but then I have just checked out the registry as well and i have not yet found any instance of the Roxio program, I am really running out of ideas now, I have tried upgrading the bios along with the network adapter drivers and the motherboard drivers as you had suggested but then they are not making any difference and the issue sill remains the same, is there any other thing that I can try out, I have been looking after a solution for the same in other forums as well but then I have not got any luck yet, I think that there is some kind of virus issue but then I am not sure about the same, I am quite sure that I am not having any instance of the Roxio program I my system but then I don’t know why I am getting that update message, is there anything where I can check out for it or any workaround that I can try out for solving the issue?? Any further help for the same will be highly appreciated.

Below is the solution for removing the roxio program completely this is for the Windows Vista but then you can get good idea for the same just try it out and they should help.
    • First you will have to Disable the startup applications so as to disable unnecessary background and you can do that by using the msconfig command, you just have to go to start and then type msconfig and then you will get a Startup tab so simply Disable All button and then click on apply and then on ok and then restart the system.

• Now to remove the Roxio program first check out in Start > Control Panel > Add or Remove Programs and remove it from there.

• After that make sure that you are changing the view setting by going in to Start -> My Computer and then clicking on Organize -> Folder and Search Options and then check marking the “show hidden folders” radio button,Once you are done with the same then just delete the below folders from you system:
      • C:\Program Files\Roxio
      • C:\Program Files\Common Files\Roxio Shared
      • C:\Users\Username\App Data\Local\Roxio
      • C:\Users\Username\App Data\Roaming\Roxio

• If you get any message saying that the file is I use and so then just drag the same to the desktop and after that restart the system and then you should not have any issue in deleting them. After deleting the folder make sure that you are deleting them from recycle bin as well.

• After this you will have to remove the below registry keys.
      • For HKEY_CURRENT_USER:
        Go to start and then Type "regedit" in the Search field and hit Enter after that Double-click on HKEY_CURRENT_USER folder and then check out for Software folder> Roxio folder. When you find it then Right click on Roxio and click on delete and then close the HKEY_CURRENT_USER folder.
      • For HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE:
        Go to start and then Type "regedit" in the Search field and hit Enter after that Double-click on HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE folder and then check out for Software folder> Roxio folder. When you find it then Right click on Roxio and click on delete and then close the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE folder.

• When you are done with all the steps above then restart the machine and then see if you are still getting the same update message for the roxio program or not, just check it out and then let me know the response that you get after this solution.