Unable to Uninstall Samsung Allshare program from Windows Vista
Just two months back I bought a Samsung Wave for my son from one of the local Samsung Gallery. The mobile phone is been working great and he is happy with the purchase. He uses Blue Ray Player and Allshare to watch video files stored on our desktop. I received an update for Allshare on my desktop so I downloaded it from the internet and tried to install it so it prompted me to first uninstall the previous version on the Allshare for the new versions installation. Windows was off no use during uninstalling so I tried to uninstall the Allshare program using third party uninstaller ?Revo Uninstaller? but even it didn?t worked. I even tried turning off Allshare service from ? msconfig?. Restarted several times but nothing worked. Samsung live support chat was terrible as didn?t got any help from them. I am using a Windows Vista 64 bit operating system. So hopefully I can get something to know about here.
Re: Unable to Uninstall Samsung Allshare program from Windows Vista
I just went through your words and found that even you?re facing the same problems which I was facing some months back. Most of the times it happens that the program gets stuck in the registry and you can?t uninstall it so for this type of programs you have to perform forceful uninstallation. You can perform forceful uninstallation manually by following some basic steps. Before going on with the details of this I would like to tell that this is pretty advanced stuff. First uninstall the program from the windows Control panel and then try the following steps-
1) Click ?Start? and select ?Run? from the menu (you can even press win+R on your Keyboard)
2) Then type ?regedit? in run and press ?Enter?.
3) On the left side is the registry settings tree, use it to go to
4) In this there will be lot of key names of different programs. Some are named after program?s name, others are mix of name and numbers which will make no sense to you. Look each of them till you find the key display name (on the right) with your programs name on it.
5) Take a notice of Key UninstallString- this key will point to the uninstall program, and the file usually resides in the same folder as that program.
6) If you delete the DisplayName key matching your program?s name, then it wont appear on Add/Remove programs list.
7) Some programs make new entries in the registry to store configuration options, you can found this entries in
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software or HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE
Look for the program name you want to uninstall and then delete it
8) Now we have to find the files which have been copied. Open the folder where the uninstall program is located, and now look for the files named uninstall.log or setup.log or something similar to this. The list of files that have been installed is inside this file. You can open the files copied onto your system in a notepad search them and then Delete them and you?ll get rid of the program almost fully.
|Tags: allshare, blue ray, samsung, windows vista|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Similar Threads for: "Unable to Uninstall Samsung Allshare program from Windows Vista"|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Allshare application for Samsung galaxy y.||Bishoy||Portable Devices||3||05-05-2012 12:50 PM|
|Unable to uninstall program in Win 7 64bit||silveryear||Windows x64 Edition||1||03-01-2012 08:15 PM|
|Allshare App for Samsung Galaxy Tab Plus||Indudep||Portable Devices||6||09-12-2011 10:51 PM|
|Unable to install or uninstall any program||Mike3||Windows Software||12||19-04-2010 12:15 PM|