Thread: Safari running sluggish on Leopard 10.5.8

Safari running sluggish on Leopard 10.5.8

hi guys

I don’t know what is wrong with this but somehow I am not able to use the Safari on the Leopard 10.5.8, its running very sluggish . the little wheel for the busy window is always there spinning, I have done everything that is possible but nothing is working so far. I have looked everywhere but there is no solution to fixes the safari issue but I found some article that mention that the Firefox is the best alternative for the safari web browser. So I am currently using the Firefox that happens to be working smoothly on the Leopard 10.5.8 and I have no problem with browsing the internet but still I would love to use the safari instead of the FireFox . is there anyone here ha s any solution to this so that I can again use the safari as my default web browser , I will be really appreciating this

Thanks in advance

Re: Safari running sluggish on Leopard 10.5.8

Even I have a similar issue in my MacBook professional my safari is obtaining sluggish. It take longer for webpages to load up and any reasonably video content like YouTube etc is jerking. It does not load as fast and stops and starts each ten secs or therefore. Facebook takes longer to load and even basic sites like BBC. I even have tried the complete reset safari and cleared the cache and changing DNS etc. as well created a brand new id and still simply as slow. i'm coming back to the conclusion that there's one thing wrong at the Apple HQ and that they ought to release some patches to urge things operating once more. In case if you are wondering I have no Free house left within the exhausting Drive then I had Click on the Macintosh HD on the MacBook professional , then do a Get data on it and it concerning eighty GB of free house. so is not a retardant. Managed to finally get the Adobe flash update moreover. however created no distinction. this is often ridiculous I have had innumerable problems with safari moreover from being incredibly slow as running high-speed net however it’s like I’m using dialup however solely in safari and not Firefox. as well we've got a pair of MacBook and a iMAC and only one I have upgraded in my MacBook professional and it’s the sole one I’m having problems with. as well having problems on sites if i exploit cam like talking to friends on meebo where before upgrade cam would open since upgrade can it not on safari nonetheless will in Firefox. will anyone here facilitate me on this i'll be extremely be thankful

My issue started when I updated to Safari I had horrible issues like slow speeds, videos not operating, etc., issues on sending and receiving mail. Looked everywhere for answers on the web wasn't useful as a result of the slow speed web browser . to show you how slow it took a pair of hours to urge through the FaceBook . i attempted various of the suggestions I found: I reset Safari, emptied the cache, and altered the DNS numbers, all to no avail. I as well uninstalled Flash and reinstalled the foremost recent version, then repaired permissions. I do assume that helped slightly.

Lastly, I visited my net Plug-Ins folder and moved everything out of there that was dated before the update. i used to be left with solely Flash, Java Cocoa, and QuickTime enabled. I restarted my laptop, and everything looks back to traditional. One post I found somewhere said you'll be able to enable the plug-ins once more one-by-one until you discover the cause of the problem , then install the newest version of it, however I did not trouble, and so far, i have not encountered something on the net calling for one in all them. No Genius Bar required in the end. Websites like Google Maps are the worst offenders on behalf of me, and once i exploit Google Maps I just about got to restart Safari or perhaps reboot my Mac to urge Safari back acting at a tolerable level. want I had one thing definite to counsel.

I went through all the steps and even cleaned out and repaired my fonts, however nothing looks to urge Safari back to a good operating level. It’s unbearably slow, hangs halfway on the nav bar, or does not open pages in the least, and crashes all the time. I've tried everything recommended higher than and am uninterested in having to clear the cache and empty history many times every day simply to urge this program to figure. I even have to use Firefox to access the net as Safari has become virtually unusable for lots of web sites that worked before. Surely Apple should have a fix for this by now? i am unable to realize something though on the Apple Support website.

I don’t have this kind of problem but I like to suggest you to use the AppleJack that application that allows us to do certain tasks of repairing our system and that serves "when all else fails," or when we have the DVD of the operating system at hand and we need to fix some mess, and repair permissions, repair any disk, validating the system's preference files, etc.., and for whatever reason did not even get to start the graphical user interface of Mac OS X. AppleJack version 1.6 is now compatible with Snow Leopard. As always, once installed AppleJack, if we use it we will have to boot into Single User mode (by pressing the s key command and once during startup) and then type "applejack" or "applejack auto". The latter perform all the tasks automatically. At the entrance that I said before you have more information. If you want to perform maintenance and have no problem to boot your Mac, it is preferable to use other tools like Onyx . If instead you do not have the system disk by hand and you have problems during startup, AppleJack you can get out of trouble. AppleJack is free. AppleJack allows us to repair the startup disk, repair permissions, validate preference files in the system, get rid of corrupt files cache and swap files of virtual memory. And all this without specifying the boot disk. What you have to do is boot into Single User mode (by pressing the s key command and once during startup) and then type "applejack" or "applejack auto". The latter perform all the tasks automatically . let it do it work may be this can solve your issue

There are few thing that you need to take a look on that would be the , first think that you need to see is whether the soft ware is up to date , this is very important that the software should be up to date , did you try to resetting the safari setting , some time that could help , see if you are not having any problem with the RAM , see there is sufficient space on the Hard disc, it is very important that you have sufficient space on the hard drive to run the application see if looking on to all this help you sometime we don’t bother to look at the small thing which can easily solve the problem … hope this can help you

Thank you guys for the reply , and like to tell you that I have downloaded the safari for leopard one more time to see if that is going to help but sadly enough that dint help , I was really confused as there is so much space on the hard disc yet I was not able to make it work but then I took your advice and reset the safari setting and now everything is working perfectly fine ,,, all the issue just went away so thanks again for solving my problem , I am glad that I am member of this forum