Thread: Sony Vaio VGN NW20EF and Windows 7 Errors

star Sony Vaio VGN NW20EF and Windows 7 Errors

I am currently using a Sony Vaio VGN NW20EF with Windows 7 as the op sys. I have recently updated my windows using the automatic updates. Since doin this I have been encountering a series of problems.

A large amount of Windows services have since become inoperable. Live Messenger, Audio, Auto Updates, System Tray Icon/Notifications, Windows Install to name but a few!
    I have tried opening the 'Services Log' to restart services to no avail. The status of the services is showing up as running even tho it is not. I've tried stopping & restarting the services & rebooting with no effect.
    It seems as tho Windows has taken over n is refusing me access to edit the running systems.

I am at my wits end as the problem seems to be getting worse!

HELP!!!

Re: Sony Vaio VGN NW20EF and Windows 7 Errors

Quote Originally Posted by VMonkeyJuggler View Post
    I am currently using a Sony Vaio VGN NW20EF with Windows 7 as the op sys. I have recently updated my windows using the automatic updates. Since doin this I have been encountering a series of problems.

A large amount of Windows services have since become inoperable. Live Messenger, Audio, Auto Updates, System Tray Icon/Notifications, Windows Install to name but a few!
    I have tried opening the 'Services Log' to restart services to no avail. The status of the services is showing up as running even tho it is not. I've tried stopping & restarting the services & rebooting with no effect.
    It seems as tho Windows has taken over n is refusing me access to edit the running systems.

I am at my wits end as the problem seems to be getting worse!

HELP!!!
    Since you are having multiple issues after getting the automatic update i think that a better solution here will be doing a system restore to the doing before you had installed the update. I think that will probably help you out.

Unfortunately system restore & updates are also not available since the update..
    Just about every service associated with windows even the live messenger is disabled n unable to function..
    I'm beginning to think the only way is poss a format and attempt to repair windows if I can get hold if a disc!

Quote Originally Posted by VMonkeyJuggler View Post
    Unfortunately system restore & updates are also not available since the update..
    Just about every service associated with windows even the live messenger is disabled n unable to function..
    I'm beginning to think the only way is poss a format and attempt to repair windows if I can get hold if a disc!
    Yes even i think that you will have to try out the same if you are not able to do system restore to a point. just try and arrange a repair disc and then let me know if you have any further queries with it.