Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
  #1  
Old 25-04-2012
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 5
Only on 2nd try Windows XP loads profile

When I boot up windows XP I get the error windows cannot load the stored profile. It then states Windows cannot find the local profile and is logging in as a guest. However when I shut down then boot up again it finds my profile and everything is back to normal. this has been going on every day for 2 weeks now. What is going on, and how do I fix it?
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 25-04-2012
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 659
Re: Only on 2nd try Windows XP loads profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 3107 View Post
When I boot up windows XP I get the error windows cannot load the stored profile. It then states Windows cannot find the local profile and is logging in as a guest. However when I shut down then boot up again it finds my profile and everything is back to normal. this has been going on every day for 2 weeks now. What is going on, and how do I fix it?
Have you tried following the solutions that has been mentioned in the below article?
Error Message: "Windows Cannot Load the Locally Stored Profile"
If not then try it out and then let me know if it is helping.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 25-04-2012
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 5
Re: Only on 2nd try Windows XP loads profile

I have tried creating a new profile but the issue continues. I don't think it is a corruption issue because after the reboot it works fine. Its always just the 1st time I boot up.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 25-04-2012
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 659
Re: Only on 2nd try Windows XP loads profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 3107 View Post
I have tried creating a new profile but the issue continues. I don't think it is a corruption issue because after the reboot it works fine. Its always just the 1st time I boot up.
I still think that it is a case of corruption, have you tried running Run DiskCleanup if not then try it out:
  • Start - All Programs - Accessories - System Tools - Disk Cleanup
  • Also go to start and then type "cmd" without the quotes and then hit enter and then type "sfc /scannow" in the command prompt and then hit enter.
  • If you want then you can analyze the log file entries which will be generated by the Microsoft Windows Resource Checker (SFC.exe) program, you can refer to the below article for the same.
How to analyze the log file entries that the Microsoft Windows Resource Checker (SFC.exe) program generates in Windows Vista
Just try out these things and then let me know what you get.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-05-2012
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 5
Re: Only on 2nd try Windows XP loads profile

I ran checkdisck, and it hasn't happened since. Thanks for your help.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 16-05-2012
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 5
Re: Only on 2nd try Windows XP loads profile

That seemed to work for about a week. Now it is happening again. I reran chkdsk again but I am still having the same issue.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 16-05-2012
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 659
Re: Only on 2nd try Windows XP loads profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 3107 View Post
That seemed to work for about a week. Now it is happening again. I reran chkdsk again but I am still having the same issue.
Your issue seems to be weird now, since it has occurred again i just wanted to know that which antivirus program you are using in your system?? have you tried scanning the system thoroughly?? if not then try out the same and see if you are getting finding out anything suspicious as such??
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 18-05-2012
Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 5
Re: Only on 2nd try Windows XP loads profile

I had a new profile created which is a major pain since now I have to resetup all my settings. It is a company antivirus which looks like McAfee.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 18-05-2012
Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Posts: 659
Re: Only on 2nd try Windows XP loads profile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave 3107 View Post
I had a new profile created which is a major pain since now I have to resetup all my settings. It is a company antivirus which looks like McAfee.
If you are having McAfee then you can run a thorough scan using the same or else you can get the trial version of avg or some other recommended antivirus for the scanning purpose as well.
Reply With Quote
Reply

  TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , ,



Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search


Similar Threads for: "Only on 2nd try Windows XP loads profile"
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Windows 8 always logs to temporary profile but wont login to default profile Kharbanda Operating Systems 5 12-06-2013 10:18 AM
How to copy an initial user profile in to a new profile in windows 7 Westlife Operating Systems 3 03-01-2011 05:49 PM
Temporary profile loads at log in Pennacook Operating Systems 6 07-08-2010 06:03 AM
Windows cannot find the local profile and is logging you on with a temporary profile. Changes you make to this profile will be lost when you log off. invader@nospamforme.com Vista Help 1 01-11-2007 11:55 PM
Problem: Windows warning message, Can't find local profile and logging on to temporary profile anis_shivani@yahoo.com Windows Server Help 3 12-01-2007 11:45 PM


All times are GMT +5.5. The time now is 10:03 PM.