Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

OSX lion is not waking from sleep when jiggling Apple Wireless Mouse

Operating Systems

Old 25-04-2012

OSX lion is not waking from sleep when jiggling Apple Wireless Mouse

I have been using an iMac, mid-2007, 2.4 GHz with 4 GB RAM and I have recently upgraded the same to OSX lion and since then the problem that I am Facing with the same is that the system is not waking from sleep even when I am jiggling Apple Wireless Mouse, in my case I have changed the power options set to go to "display sleep" after 45 minutes where as I am not using any screensaver, I was not having the same issue before and it was getting waked up by the jiggling of the mouse before the upgrade, I have to press mouse button to wake it up now, is there anyone else who has faced the same and has an idea of this issue??

Old 25-04-2012

Re: OSX lion is not waking from sleep when jiggling Apple Wireless Mouse

I have been facing the same kind of issue , I am using Mac OS X Lion and I donít know for what reason the mouse movements are not waking up the system from sleep mode, in my case it is very frustrating as I use Synergy for sharing a single keyboard and mouse between multiple computers and a Mac Mini, so here when the Mac Mini goes to sleep then I have to plug in another keyboard and then press buttons for waking it up and this is just killing the task of Synergy, I had found that the non-standard config was the culprit in this case before installing the Lion on my iMac, I had faced the same issue with Bluetooth mouse as well and I had tried plugging mouse directly into both my iMac and the Mac Mini but then I was getting the same response and they were not able to wake the system with their movements, I have been looking out after a solution for the same in other forums as well but then I have not yet got any luck and the issue is still the same, is there anyone who can help me out as well???
Old 25-04-2012

It seems as if it is a new feature, I just wanted to know that have you checked out sending a WOL command to the mini, if not then try out the below python script for sending a WOL, here you will have to hange xxx.xxx.x.x to the address of your mini-
#!/usr/bin/python
import socket
s=socket.socket(socket.AF_INET, socket.SOCK_DGRAM)
s.sendto('\xff'*6+'\xd4\x9a\x20\xde\x5e\xfe'*16, ('xxx.xxx.x.x', 9))

If you want to use a 'clickable' command then you can wrap it out in a bash script and name the same as "wol.command"
#!/bin/bash
python <<-END
import socket
s.sendto('\xff'*6+'\xd4\x9a\x20\xde\x5e\xfe'*16, ('xxx.xxx.x.x', 9))
END

If you want then you can even wrap it in applescript :
do shell script "python <<-END
import socket
s.sendto('\\xff'*6+'\\xd4\\x9a\\x20\\xde\\x5e\\xfe'*16, ('xxx.xxx.x.x', 9))
END"

Just check out this and then let me know if they are helping or not.
Old 25-04-2012

I think that this issue is because of an incompatible USB hub., I have been using a iMac and I was having the same issue since the day I had bought it, I had to pull the plug at the back of the system and then restart the system using power button but then later after a lot of trouble shooting I found that the cause of this issue was because of a USB hub connected in my case and it was some somehow preventing the iMac from waking from any input, I had tried using mouse, keyboard, wired, Bluetooth, etc but then they were not helping, so later when I disconnected the hub the issue was solved, just check it out and see if you are having the same case, if yes then try out what I have tried and then let me know the response that you are getting.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,