Thread: Top Programs of Ubuntu.

Top Programs of Ubuntu.

I was making use of windows previously for about 5 years and then switched to mac os. I liked the way mac os responded. I was able to run lot of programs with different oses. I tried then experimenting with ubuntu and I was really satisfied with its work. I then made some advance improvements with my operating system, made some up gradation and tried with some latest operating system. So according to me, I suppose that ubuntu is best in programming also with DVD Burning capacity and the most reason why users tend to use ubuntu is protects system from various threats. So I can say that it is an well protected and stable operating system, but I would like to know other features also. So to start with why don’t we discuss regarding most suitable applications’ runnable in ubuntu. So what according to you , do you think ubuntu would be most appropriate for which program. Can you suggest me the best suitable program for Video Conversion , Bittorrent Client and some more. So what’s your opinion. I specially need a program for my programming purposes.

Re: Top Programs of Ubuntu.

If you are concerned with DVD burning and for data discs as well as ISO's I don't believe K3B can be beat, With a pair of extra packages (normalize-volume as well as mp3 support) it as well works wonderfully with the Amarok music player for audio CD's. I have as well used Brasero and as according to me, I suppose it's pretty simple but also works fine for Gnome or else Fluxbox environments. K3B has been my preferred CD/DVD burning tool still since I started making use of Ubuntu. K3B is a Qt based application as well as it may appear a bit out of place in Ubuntu GNOME desktop. But from a functionality point of view K3B is far ahead of all its participants. So I need to say that the GnomeBaker is a free as well as open source CD/DVD authoring application for Linux. It is based on GNOME desktop environment. GnomeBaker approachs prepared with functionalities like: Drag and drop to generate data CDs (as well as drag and drop to and from the Nautilus file manager), generate audio CDs from accessible WAV, MP3, FLAC, and Ogg files and so on. If you are an Ubuntu client, you don't require any beginning or any glance over Brasero Disc Burner because it comes as a default application in Ubuntu. It is included with some great features such as on-the-fly burning, multi-session as well as on-the-fly conversion of music playlists in each and every formats carried with GStreamer and so on. Brasero is my subsequent favorite Burn tool accessible for Linux.

I am bit concerned regarding programming language platform as I consider myself that windows is one of the great platforms which support multiple programming languages, but as you wished to run some of the programming languages in linux, I would suggest to make use of gcc (GNU C Compiler) which is built in with all GNU/Linux distros. In addition you will also find g++ (GNU C++ Compiler) which would render a great service. It should be available in your repos. Considering the compilation, you need to compile such as , "gcc [or g++] sourcefile.c [or .cc, .cpp, whatever] -o outputfile". I have also heard regarding KDE software . as it turns to be super in linux case. So adding further, it consists of a large number of individual applications as well as a desktop workstation as a shell to run these applications. You are able to run KDE applications just very well on any desktop environment. In addition, KDE applications are built to put together well with your system's workings. By using as well KDE terminal, you obtain even improved addition of your request with the working environment. If you consider more regarding programming I can say about Mono, but if you are concerned with C++ object oriented language, I can recommend Code::Blocks. It's not in the Ubuntu repositories although, so you will have to get the package manually, other than they have precompiled packages for linix. Also you can make use of NetBeans IDE for C++ Programming. It have a lot of characteristics such as C++ Project Support,along with an syntactic as well as semantic highlighting . for other pgramming languages such as Java, C/C++ and PHP, I'm using Eclipse . I made an installation of Code::Blocks but I don't like its interface, as well as Code::Blocks is not able to generate a makefile. NetBeans is a actually superior IDE, but it's a bit heavy, and I am able to locate everything I wish for in NetBeans at Eclispe. If you are as well going to be developing in Java along with are not tied to Eclipse or whatsoever else, I believe Netbeans is a really good all-round IDE, bearing in mind they have support for groovy, php, ruby, as well as python.

Hey , I would suggest you regarding some IM Client applications as there are a number of diverse instant messaging protocols which are used by the chief networks. The chief ones are XMPP which is used by Google Talk, Jabber and so on. You can’t miss out the AOL Instant Messenger (AIM), ICQ, as well as Yahoo! Messenger, and finally Windows Live Messenger. And according to me the best would be Pidgin Graphical multi-protocol instant messaging client as it lets you to sign on to AIM, Jabber as well as MSN, Yahoo!, furthermore other IM networks. It used to be recognized as Gain but has lately changed its name to shun misunderstanding with AOL's instant messenger. It also integrates well with GNOME 2 and KDE system tray. This permits the user to work with Pidgin without requiring the buddy list window to be open constantly. Another one which I can tell is Kopete which is an Advanced multi-protocol instant messaging along with chat application. The main point I am using it is considering its interface in mind as its interface puts people first, and is integrated with the system address book to allow you right to use your contacts from other KDE applications. IM is capable to be intrusive, but Kopete's notification system can be tuned with the intention that just important contacts suspend you.

If you're new to Linux and looking for a immense BitTorrent client, you're in luck as Linux has a unbelievable diversity of BitTorrent clients when many people talk about BitTorrent, they almost certainly believe of downloading movies with music often with less than full and excited permission from the copyright owners of said entertainment. But there's a lot of legal torrenting to be done too particularly on Linux. majority of Linux distros distribute ISO images by means of BitTorrent which is often sooner for users in addition to a lighter load on the projects that are dealing out with Linux.

One of the most excellent cross-platform torrent clients you will find is Transmission. It runs on Linux in addition to Mac OS X, moreover has a native interface for Qt, the command line, as well as Web interface.Transmission besides has a lot of third party tools that labor with it, counting Transdroid. In addition, For KDE fans, there's Ktorrent, which will tend to be great in most of the cases which acts as a full-featured torrent client that incorporates deeply with the KDE platform. Ktorrent has hold up for uTP, super-seeding, video streaming, as well as makes use of KDE's KParts for searching for torrents. Also well-liked amongst Mac users, Deluge is a cross-platform torrent client that’s as well well-suited with Linux as well as Windows. It offers a lightweight interface written in Python language and programming language such as C++ for the GTK+ window manager.