Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 18-04-2012
uzairmalik

question Disable CD/DVD-ROM in Windows 7

Hi!
I am using Windows 7 Professional 32-Bit.

I have 3 users in my system.

1. Administrator
2. Shuaib (Restricted User)
3. Akram (Restricted User)

I want to restrict the access of DVD-ROM to both users except administrator.

How can I proceed? Please hlep me.

Thanks in advance.
Old 18-04-2012

Re: Disable CD/DVD-ROM in Windows 7

This is much easier in Windows Server. But as you are using Windows 7 you can do that from Device Manager. First ensure that the account that you are created does not have Admin rights. You can verify that in Control Panel. Second login to your admin account and then go in Device Manager. Right click on the Cd/DVD rom disable. Other users cannot enable it as they need admin rights for that. So whenever you want to use you can enable that from device manager.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , ,