Thread: What is a proper installation procedure for Ubuntu 10.04 LTS with GeForce 8400GS

What is a proper installation procedure for Ubuntu 10.04 LTS with GeForce 8400GS

I had this working commencing from side to side two monitors, then I did a kernel upgrading through the Update Manager. At present nothing I do acquires it to be familiar with the 8400GS card. It merely observes the one built into this Dell box. I have comprised and attempted to uninstalling the Linux NVIDIA drivers and inaugurating the NVIDIA-Linux-x86-290.10.run file and run nvidia-xconfig it is not working. I have comprised and endeavoring to copy my 2-monitor xorg.conf back to xorg.conf, etc. Then also I am not able to do that. What is a proper installation procedure for Ubuntu 10.04 LTS with GeForce 8400GS.

Re: What is a proper installation procedure for Ubuntu 10.04 LTS with GeForce 8400GS

I previously have tried to locate a solution on numerous ubuntu discussions. Additional than I had acquired no success. Then I decide to endeavor here. I anticipate I be able to locate a solution for this problem. Be able to you edit your boot setting. Perhaps you determine to locate xconfig in your boot alternatives. And eliminate it. Please somebody explain the process in detail, I do not moderately remember it. This is not extremely helpful other than I have comprised and had the exact similar issue and I had fixed it somehow other than I do not keep in mind specifics, I believe it had something to do through the Ubuntu locating the monitors true declaration and correcting itself to it, so if you be able to figure out how to alter that, it might fix the predicament.

Re: What is a proper installation procedure for Ubuntu 10.04 LTS with GeForce 8400GS

I had recently got a system from my friend I which the Windows Vista was preinstalled. The video card was incorporated, so I took the video card Nvidia 8400 GS (PNI). Commencing from here the issues started. For a long time did not give tribulations, additional than then the system started to freeze totally. I had continued to download the drivers most excellent and the most recent Nvidia, other than it maintains crashing each time. The Windows Vista was unusable. I had to put out of action the video card and maintain a Windows Vista through the graphics of Windows 95. I had attempted it through the Windows 7. The Graphics card does not run, additional than I previously be familiar with. The pc is unusable when I start more than a few game the Nvidia says it is optimized for gaming, Windows Media Center or Windows Live Aero. At present I am utilizing a Windows 7 through the graphics of Windows 95. When it crashes, does not runs neither the keyboard nor the mouse. Even if I hang around, remains obstructed. The merely thing I be able to do is reset the system. Perceptibly, the next reboot, I accurately and stops when it desires him. I not be able to position Windows XP, I do not have. I had to position beneath the Ubuntu, at least I be able to utilize the computer.

Does your system work normally through this Ubuntu. Are there several issues at the entire and does Ubuntu utilize the 8400 or does it utilize the incorporated graphics card. I had attempted going into the BIOS and putting out of action or Turning off the integrated graphics card so that to facilitate the windows merely observes the 8400 go into the BIOS as almost immediately as your pc turns on previous to it starts to load windows/Ubuntu it determine to say something similar to press del to enter setup/press f12 to enter setup. After that you have to press the indicated key and you determine to enter the BIOS. Be careful in here, and merely alter something if you be familiar with what it is. Give the impression of being for a setting that determines to turn the integrated graphics card off, or position the PCI -E graphics card to Primary. If you locate the setting, and revolutionize it and press f10 and then select "yes" to save and restart.

If you are enabling the graphics card which you are working with in windows vista or windows 7, does it crash just presently loading windows. Be able to you load windows and run gpu-z to make sure the temperature of the graphics card. In this you have to leave GPU-Z open so you be able to observe the temperature and then run furmark or incredible that to facilitate the stresses the graphics card a lot so you be able to observe how hot it acquires might you run the benchmark until it stops receiving several hotter. To observe the maximum temperature it acquires to. It be supposed to not take additional than regarding 5 minutes. Additional than my linux hard drive is corrupted and I am attempting to fix it other than I not be able to utilize it at present. For this you have to go to the NVIDIA settings and alter the screen resolution to what you might desire it to be, then attempt the “Save to xorg.conf" alternative. If that to facilitate does not work, position your xorg.conf here and I determine to observe what I be able to do here.