Thread: How to configure Logitech Alert system using Mac OS

How to configure Logitech Alert system using Mac OS

Currently I am using the Logitech WiLife indoor / outdoor system and I am using this on my PC. I love all the products from Logitech and all of them great. Do you think that this system is used on Mac. It would have been better if we use it on both pc and mac. I would like to configure Logitech WiLife on Mac.

Re: How to configure Logitech Alert system using Mac OS

I don’t know whether the Native Logitech commander software for Alert system will work on Mac OS but I am quite sure that you can use the Web Commander well in Safari on a Mac. First you have to configure all your cameras using the Parallels or Boot Camp. It is possible to get access to the whole alert system by the use of web interface. But the only drawback is you cannot archive your clips in Mac. You have to use 2Gig MicroSD card for recording.

I tried to run the Logitech web commander on a Mac mini which has 2.4 GHz chip processor by the use of Parallels. I have experienced a terrible performance with it and I will not expect I can get much better with Bootcamp or VMware. I will not recommend it at all. The Logitech should build a native app for Mac OS X like one which they have build for ipad and iphone. By the use of this you can monitor your home or office with video remotely and much cheaper. Logitech provides Logitech Alert with its one camera, which you can see through your iPhone or iPad. Logitech Alert for iPad allows you to monitor through the Internet and live any space from where you are, for example on holiday. You can have multiple cameras and see what is happening in every room of your house, kitchen, and garage or where you decide to have a surveillance camera, all in the palm of your hand through your iPhone or iPhone.

Logitech has released the app on the App Store Free Logitech Alert . It allows you to view images on the iPad, and the audio is live or recorded by security cameras captured the series of Logitech Alert. With the free app Logitech Alert for iPad you can control the system of video surveillance, home or office with iPad, anywhere you have Internet access. Directly by the APA, the user can view still images but also streaming video live, complete with audio, recorded by the cameras of the series of Logitech Alert In addition to standard functions with the app, users who have subscribed to the Commander of the Logitech Mobile services can also see remote video recorded by the monitoring system, for example those created by the cameras with motion based activation. Services Alert Mobile Alert Commander and Web Commander are offered on the Logitech site at a price of 59.99 Euros each

Logitech has long been pushing their cameras home security WiLife. Now, the company went a step further and introduced a new solution designed to ordinary consumers called Logitech Alert , a system of surveillance cameras that can record / stream video, activated by movement and monitored via web or mobile applications ( iPhone, Blackberry and Android). Two models are available, the Logitech Alert 750i (USD $ 299.99) indoor and Logitech Alert 750e (USD $ 349.99) Outdoor with Night Vision. The model uses HomePlug Powerline 750i so no need to install cables between the PC and camera, while the software displays up to 16 zones can be controlled selectively. When they sense movement can record audio with video at 15fps to microSD 2GB card included or a computer connected to the network, you can optionally send an alert via e-mail. Each camera captures high definition video of 720p (960 × 720) and has a lens wide angle 130 degrees, making it easier to recognize the faces of potential intruders or the license plates of suspicious vehicles.