Thread: All the Main metro apps are not working in Windows 8 Consumer Preview

All the Main metro apps are not working in Windows 8 Consumer Preview

I have installed Windows 8 Consumer Preview recently and I did not had any issues in the installation and the installation was successful but then the problem that I am having now is that All the Main metro apps are not working, when I am clicking on them then they are just appearing as if they are loading but then after sometime they are pushed back to start, I don’t know what all is the issue about and I don’t think that I have missed anything, is there any workaround that I can try to get them working??

Re: All the Main metro apps are not working in Windows 8 Consumer Preview

I have installed Windows 8 Consumer Preview recently and I did not had any issues in the installation and the installation was successful but then the problem that I am having now is that All the Main metro apps are not working, when I am clicking on them then they are just appearing as if they are loading but then after sometime they are pushed back to start, I don’t know what all is the issue about and I don’t think that I have missed anything, is there any workaround that I can try to get them working??
    I was having the same issue where I was noticing a busy indicator, it was just running for some moment and after that it used to reset and run again for few times and this used to happen for some time and then the apps were getting pushed to the start, but then later when I tried changing the UAC setting to the original from second level then the Music app had started showing me the app interface but then rather than showing me the content right away it was taking time to show the header and after that it used to get crashed, later when I was switching to other Live ID account through the start menu then the metro app had started working, I found that the cause of the issue in my case was interference caused by "Punto Switcher" software, so if you are having the same then disable it for that moment and that should help. I am not very sure if you are having similar case as that of mine because there are several possible reasons for them to be not working and mostly when they are not starting from the start, anyways just check out the things that I did in my case and then let me know what you get.

I have found a no of people facing such issues with the Metro apps but then to solve the same you can just check out the below things:
    1. Make sure that you are having at least 1024X768 resolutions as it is required for Metro apps to work
    2. If you are facing the same issue with all the user accounts then the Metro apps would have not been supported if you are using a built-in administrator account for running them, these case mostly occurs after some weird update.
    3. Check out the User Account Control and make sure that it is enabled, in order to check out the same just type UAC from the home screen and then you will get it in the search result.
    4. If you are using a Microsoft account (Live ID) then you can try using a local account.
    5. Try rebooting the system and refreshing the system when the app is just showing loading.

Just check out these possible solutions and if you still have the issue then just let me know so that I can try to help you further with it.

I have tried out the same and below are the response that I have got for them:
    I have already set the screen resolution to 1024X768, I really dint think that there is some issue because of the resolution in my case.
    1. I have tried creating a new account and have tested it out as well but then it did not helped
    2. I have made sure that the User Account Control is enabled and I have also tried testing out the four levels of UAC as well but then they does not seem to be making any difference.
    3. I have already tried creating a new local account as well but then I am getting the same response from the app no matter when I am using Microsoft account (Live ID) or local account.

Is there anything I can try out to get rid of this issue and get the apps working, I have tried out a number of solutions by now but then I am not yet able to track out the cause of the issue, what are the other possible cause of this issue?? Just let me know so that I can check them out as well.

I am facing the same issue and my system specification is as followed:
    • Processor- AMD atlon XP 3200+
    • Graphic card ATI radeon X1650Pro 512MB
    • Ram 1.25 GB
    • Screen resolution is 1920 x 1080

When I am clicking on the apps then they are just appearing to be loading and loading as you have mentioned and finally pushed back to the start, I have tried following the solution that has been mentioned above but then it is not making any difference in my case, I have checked out the Event Viewer and when the apps are crashing then I am getting the below two errors:
    "The server [...] did not register with DCOM within the required timeout."
    "The App Host has encountered an unexpected exception. The error is number 0x8007000E."

The "[...]" is replaced by the crashing app, I have faced the crash for all the below apps:
    • Windows.Store
    • Microsoft.WindowsLive.ModernPhotos.wwa
    • Microsoft.ZuneMusic.wwa
    • Microsoft.WindowsLive.Mail.wwa
    • Microsoft.WindowsLive.Calendar.wwa

Even I am having the same issue, in my case my system is having an AMD CPU at 1700+, 1GB RAM, GeForce FX5200, as far as my specification is concerned I am aware that I am having the minimum requirement to run windows 8 and I don’t think that there should be any issues as such, I am not able to run the app, they are responding in the same way that has been already described by the other users, I am quite sure that I am not having this issue because of the resolution and I have checked out the above solutions as well but then like the others it they are just not making any difference, I have been looking after a solution for this issue in several forums but then I have just found more and more people having the same issue but then I have not yet came across an effective solution for getting rid of this issue, I have tried searching for Display1_DownScalingSupported on registry but I am not able to find them, my system is having 96.85_forceware_winvista_x86_international_whql driver and I have tried modifying the drivers thinking that they will help but I had no luck, I have tried out all the possible solutions that I could have but then I have not yet solved the issue, is there anything that can be tried out?? Any \help regarding this will be highly appreciated.

I have checked out for the same and I have found some people mentioning the below solution to be working out for them, so just try it out and then let me know the response that you get for it:
    1. First just Click on the Windows key + R and then type “regedit” without the quotes and then hit enter and confirm the UAC dialog as well
    2. Now check out for the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE and then open it by clicking on the small arrow that will be in the left side of it.
    3. After that just open the software and then the Microsoft and then Click on a key named Ole and delete the same
    4. When you are done until here then reboot the system and then again Open regedit and check out if a blank key named Ole has been recreated.
    5. If it has been recreated then again restart the system and If the key is missing then create a blank Ole key, in order to do so just right click in the Microsoft node > New > Key) once you are done with this then reboot the system.

I am having the same issue but then the case is different, all the apps were working fine after installing Windows 8 Consumer Preview in my system but then since I have attached the machine to a domain, I don’t know why but then all the apps have stopped working, I have tried out the solutions above but as the issue is related to a domain in my case they are not appearing to be making any difference, I have checked out the AppXDeployment-Server logs and I am getting the below errors there:
    0x80040154: Failed to generate bytecode for package WinStore_1.0.0.0_neutral_neutral_cw5n1h2txyewy on 60-bit architecture.
    Is there anyone having this issue on a system attached to a domain or has an idea of similar case?? I really want to solve it out somehow but then I am just clueless of the cause.

I have now solved out the issue by going in to the settings> more settings> PC Settings and then choosing the "Refresh your PC without affecting files" option and then hitting on the Get Started key, it had took some time but then later when I tried logging in and starting the app then I found them to be working, if anyone amongst you have not tried this out then just give it a try and see if it is helping you all out or not, I am not having all these apps working Original IE tile, Store, Maps, Video, messenger, mail, people, music, calendar. Just try it out guys and post back the result that you get. Best of luck.