Thread: Not able to see all my mail in my inbox after sync in Windows 8 Consumer Preview

Not able to see all my mail in my inbox after sync in Windows 8 Consumer Preview

I have recently installed Windows 8 Consumer Preview and it is just great but then the problem that I am facing with the same is that I am Not able to see all my mail in my inbox after sync, I mean that when I am sync my mail then I am not able to view the messages that I normally see on the web service, I am not able to find out that how many days of mail are synced regularly. Is there anyone who can help me out with the same??

Re: Not able to see all my mail in my inbox after sync in Windows 8 Consumer Preview

In that case I will like to inform you that Mail app in Windows 8 Consumer Preview downloads all the messages of the last two week for all the account, so for now you won’t be able to change the sync timeframe from the Account Settings, it will just allow you to add an Exchange account and will sync it as well but then the sync will probably be broken for the next day, I have been facing the same for all the Exchange account that I have, I have found a no of people experiencing the same, some had suggested a workaround where we have to remove and re-add the connection but then it won’t be having any concept of the GAL, I am having a Windows Phone and this is the very basic stuff there but then I don’t know why it is not working in the Windows 8 Consumer Preview, I really want Microsoft to fix this as soon as possible as windows 8 has been quite a good success so far but then it is not looking great with such issues.

Re: Not able to see all my mail in my inbox after sync in Windows 8 Consumer Preview

Yes it is pretty much not working , I have tried adding two email accounts and have also made a test by sending mails from other account but then nothing was showing up, I have checked out the mail app but then according to it I have not yet received any email in two weeks but then when I am checking out in Thunderbird then it shows that I am having a bunch of mail on both of my Gmail account, even I am using Windows phone and it is really fast, reliable, and simple to use and I really wish that it could had have some business on a desktop/laptop computer, some time I feel that if Windows 8 Consumer Preview will be the only option for Windows computer then I won’t be using it and will switch to a non-Microsoft OS.

Even I have some questions here, I just wanted to know that is there a way by getting it working by going in to the registry and so, I really want to see all my emails in the inbox, currently I have connected Samsung 7 tablet to Office 365 Exchange and it has been using ADFS and it works great as well but then as I have already said that I am willing to see all my e-mails in Inbox, the tablet that I am having is having a 128 gig SSD so it can store heavy data without any issues, I really liked the Calendar app and it is works great as well, the other thing I wanted to know is that how do we make the Mail App to update as live tile, I am not very sure if it works or not, I think that it should appear on the lock screen but then it is not, I have bought the tablet for mailing and Calendar basically and I think that they are the most important part of the tablet as well, I will like to know if there is a workaround that we all can try out to have all messages in my inbox.

Even I have some questions here, I just wanted to know that is there a way by getting it working by going in to the registry and so, I really want to see all my emails in the inbox, currently I have connected Samsung 7 tablet to Office 365 Exchange and it has been using ADFS and it works great as well but then as I have already said that I am willing to see all my e-mails in Inbox, the tablet that I am having is having a 128 gig SSD so it can store heavy data without any issues, I really liked the Calendar app and it is works great as well, the other thing I wanted to know is that how do we make the Mail App to update as live tile, I am not very sure if it works or not, I think that it should appear on the lock screen but then it is not, I have bought the tablet for mailing and Calendar basically and I think that they are the most important part of the tablet as well, I will like to know if there is a workaround that we all can try out to have all messages in my inbox.

As far as a workaround is concerned you can try out the very basic that is uninstalling and then reinstalling the Mail App in your Windows 8 Consumer Preview system and check out I f the issue is still there or not, I have found some people mentioning that they are able to get all the message and they are not having any such issues with the sync mail but then they are having issue in deleting the any mail, in their case when they are clicking on the delete button then the mail app is getting shut down and so, there have been a lot of issue with the mail app but then most of the people has not been able to solve it out, the other thing I wanted to share about the same is that the Mail, Calendar, Photo and Messaging App will be on the same download package, so here when you will be uninstalling any of the package then all the four app will get installed respectively. Anyways just try out the uninstalling and the reinstalling process and make sure that you are downloading the newest version of the Metro UI from the Store App and then post back the result that you get.