Thread: Minecraft game unable to work on Windows 8 Consumer preview.

Minecraft game unable to work on Windows 8 Consumer preview.

Is anyone else having issues running the game Minecraft under Windows 8? I was making use fo windows 7 previously and now there were no issues regarding the playing of this game but after I underwent a change to windows 8 and after I upgraded to windows 8, it came to my notice that it was unable to work with. I noticed someone said he is able to run Minecraft in his windows 8. According to me, I should upgrade Display Drivers for Win8. But I am not sure what would be the main cause. Is it something related to it or do I need to make some rigid changes to make this game play. Please provide some solutions which will assist me in my case. It appears like the existing Java installation is not able to see an "accelerated OpenGL mode".

Re: Minecraft game unable to work on Windows 8 Consumer preview.

According to me, I suppose that Windows 8 may have different file extensions, but that doesn't even matter since they haven't made Java for Win8 yet. In addition to this , Win8 is in preview and it isn't anywhere near ready for consumer release.there are lots of stuff still doesn't labor with it yet. as well as, when it is released, the previews along with betas won't tend to work any longer. You will then have to buy it. that is a beta software of windows 8 something does which cannot work on windows 8 beta. I am also having windows 8 beta for sometime but currently i back to windows 7.the other reason I would tell you to explain in detail is that no programs have been made, or re formatted to fit windows 8, this is since minecraft doesn't have a windows 8 edition and it doesn't tend to work.

In my opinion , the Open GL is not working properly on certain graphics accelerators and causes issues for Minecraft. You might just have to wait until the trouble is fixed in a later release of Win 8. After all this is a comparatively early beta OS. If that is the case with which you will work , then you can simply try to download latest windows 8 drivers for your display card if obtainable, and also make a note of one thing that don't make use of default one. it worked for me.

I have some other solutions to try with. You need to open up notepad, and type this:
    @ECHO OFF
    SET BINDIR=%~dp0
    CD /D "%BINDIR%"
    "%ProgramFiles%\Java\jre6\bin\java.exe" -Xmx1024M -Xms1024M -jar Minecraft.jar
    PAUSE
    and you need to save it as RUN.bat (not as txt) and save it in minecraft bin. after that attempt to run minecraft without openGL. afterward run the RUN.bat minecraft will not start, but it will assist you start up minecraft.it was solve din my case but I have a fried which was with the same issue and in his case , he was running 64-bit Windows 8 with an ATI Radeon HD 4550 and made an installation of this driver , it was working fine in his case.

I was also having same issues in my case but for my system (64-bit Windows 8, ATI 4670) , I made an uninstallation of the display drivers,and then made a reboot, and then installing the earlier generation of drivers (11-12_vista64_win7_64_dd_ccc_ocl.exe to be specific) solved all the issues with Minecraft.also my friend was having same issues and his concern, in the end, the only fix he have found was to download Display Drivers from the graphics card company which was specifically for Win8. And he was then able to play with the game. Alos I have another system, on one HP desktop I have with an NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT card, and after making an installation of the NVIDIA site's most recent driver for the card fixed the problem on my current PC. They specially call out Win8 CP as one of the target OSes for the driver.

After searching more on net, it came across a video which really helped in my case and one other fix I attempted was to run Minecraft.jar which I downloaded explicitly from Minecraft.net as per the guide and directly from java.exe with the -Xmx800M alternative, as described in the YouTube video. But it did not solved. Later I made some attempts running the Windows 7 driver installer in Windows 7 compatibility mode and everything was fine. So after making similar attempts in this case, it was really solved, thanks for the replies which you gave.