Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 13-04-2012

ophcrack is saying somthing about no partition containing hashes found!!!

i finaly got into my laptop vista with ophcrack and now its saying

Tables found
/mnt/sdbl/tables/xp_free_small

no partition containing hashes found!!!

what does that mean and how can i fix it? in detail please. i was using a pen drive USB to install the boot disk onto the laptop
Old 18-04-2012

Re: ophcrack is saying somthing about no partition containing hashes found!!!

There are certain reason because of which you get that message. Is there any linux version installed on the hard drive. This cause the issue. You need to provide a proper path to allow the file reading the stored password or else it does not work properly. It is a bit complicated process where you have to define Windows installation path manually. If you can use command fdisk -l you can find the information on login credential of Windows.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , ,