Thread: How to put photos from facebook and flickr account on Photo app in Windows 8 Consumer Preview

How to put photos from facebook and flickr account on Photo app in Windows 8 Consumer Preview

I have connected successfully connected my facebook and flickr to my Microsoft account which was earlier my Windows Live account. According to the details I got online, once that my Flickr, FaceBook or twitter accounts are connected to my windows account, it should actually show the entire list of photographs on my Photo App. But unfortunately this is no happening at all. I tried a lot on working on this. Tried connecting accounts in different styles and all, but it simply not willing to work the way I expect it to. What do I do about it now? I am desperately waiting for all these photographs to come and get loaded to my Photo App and I start using it an awesome way, as i do it with my other pics. I can’t wait to segregate them, the way I want and make the fullest use of Photo App’s technology.

re: How to put photos from facebook and flickr account on Photo app in Windows 8 Consumer Preview

I had the exactly same issue and trust me I was getting more desperate and restless than you were. Even i tried a number of ways but could not find the answer or solution or even the cause for it. I got all pissed off! Who doesn’t get, when you have everything served in front of you but you cannot by any chance avail the slightest of its benefits. After an accountable amount of research I have sort of found the cause out! The problem was that, the Microsoft account id that i was using was based on an Office 365 account which works perfect with my WP7 but Windows 8 shows to be a bit disobedient. The reason is that it tries routing the facebook account and other things through our contact list on Live Id which doesn’t exist at the first place whrn we are using OS365. It is an exchange biased contact list. I had put this theory to test by connecting it with my Hotmail account and things worked perfect. I think, Windows 7 and Windows 8 deal with this thing in a different manner because the OS365 Live ID works perfect with maximum services on the phone.

re: How to put photos from facebook and flickr account on Photo app in Windows 8 Consumer Preview

I think there’s some issue with the connection between the two accounts. It probably cannot be anything else. Check the permissions settings on the web, if they are set right and perfect then there certainly is something that is working against you and the connection between the web and the apps.
    I would like to know a few things before I could come into some conclusion. You need to provide me with the below information for me to understand what is wrong.
     How have you connected the account the application? Did you first connect it to Windows or is it like the application itself prompted you to sign-in directly
     Can you open the app settings? Go to settings charm and select settings, select the photos app, now there are you able to your email id on the top
     Have you kept the proxy behind a proxy? If it is, ensure that you have configures the proxy server perfectly in the Internet Options

If you wish to access or view photos from third party services which are inside Photos App, there are some permissions that needs to be given in order to access the content that exists on those services and that is supposed to be done with the flow within the application. Even if you are connected with the applications through the services, you might have not set the permissions proper.
    In order to achieve what you are looking for, please follow the following steps; they’ll help you show up the photographs in the form you want.
    1. When you open your photo app, you will be easily be able to spot some tiles representing the 3rd party services select the one that suits your need.
    2. If at all prompted you will have to sign in with your Microsoft account with the same user id ad password
    3. When you are presented with ‘All your photos in one place’ window, please click on the connect button
    4. Every 3rd party service site will have their own set of procedures, follow them and you might even have to sign in with your id on the service site
    5. As soon as you see the ‘You are ready to go’ window, you can click on done and go ahead with the procedure
    6. Please note that when you click on the done button you will be taken to the photos view wherein it will take some seconds and then and only then will the content start appearing
    7. As soon as you are connected, you will see all your images appearing one by one!

I have followed a similar step while creating the creating the account for the first time. But I am sure if it is the same. Neither an I sure if I have given these permissions to the photo app. I don’t know how could I miss such a basic logic. Still, since I am not sure if I have done this but I don’t want to redo thing that I have already done and create greater messes by overloading the system. I wanted to verify if I have given the same proper permissions. Is there any way I can do that? If yes, what and how is the procedure. Be kind enough to enlist the steps to follow like you have done earlier.

You can definitely check if you have given proper permission. For that you will have to follow the following steps very meticulously,
    1. Visit the manage service page of Windows Live by clicking on the following link: https://profile.live.com/Services/?view=manage
    2. Go to the edit button and click over it which falls under the same service that you wish to verify
    Please keep in mind that you need to find the name of the services there, if it’s no there, make sure your service is not at all connected
    3. If at all you happen to find a checked checkbox that reads “View your <whatever the ServiceName is> photos and videos” then you have all the permission correctly set