Thread: Windows Vista re-installation failed

sad Windows Vista re-installation failed

I have an ASUS W7, with Vista built in. The purchase come with a recovery DVD and Drivers.

I had Fedora added on the hard drive without any changes to the location of Vista. In a normal start up after power on, Vista would be booted. If I wanted to use Fedora, I would have to hit any key after power on, than a list of Operating systems will be displayed for selection.

Recently, I decided to remove Fedora from the machine, so I used the Vista recovery DVD to do a fresh installation. However, after loading the drivers, the system booted to Grub, not Vista. I tried all the options for loading Vista, the same was displayed. I don't know what is going on.

If I hit F8 on the BIOS setting up utility, a screen display asking if I wanted to return to factory default. Should I be using the F8 to recovery Vista?

The way I managed to get the machine to load Vista from CD/DVD drive is to hit the ESC key after power on, then a display of two options:
    1) hard drive on a particular location
    2) CD/DVD drive

Re: Windows Vista re-installation failed

You can getting grub bootloader because the mbr is not wiped properly. This time when you are trying to install Windows Vista, try to format the partition properly leaving the one which has your system recovery files. Install Windows Vista one more time. If again you are getting grub then insert Vista disc and click on Repair and then Start Repair. It will fix back the old Vista bootloader and this works most of the time.