Thread: i forgot my login password to windows vista home basic please help

i forgot my login password to windows vista home basic please help

i have a laptop-Acer aspire 3690 windows vista home basic

i am also having trouble with my laptop and don’t have the administrator enabled i don’t know how to enable it either. I just bought it from my sister and she forgot her log-in password all that was done to it was a new screen. i don’t know the password i have tried to put a password reset on a USB since i don’t have a CD burner. i don’t even know how to download the free password reset disks to a USB I always get the command prompt that said kernel cant find the Linux or something? i don't know what else to do i spent over 300 to get it fixed and now i cant use it*please help*how can i enable my admin so i can put it in safe mode, or even any free software that will help to burn a reset password disk to my USB. i have been working on this for about 3days now and i cant take it any more.please help and just email me any one who can help me fix this*
    joshbrewer319@gmail.com
    i also tried safe mode but the admin user is disabled how can i enable it?

Re: i forgot my login password to windows vista home basic please help

The password can be remove if you can boot in command prompt. Restart your system and press F8. Choose boot in command prompt. Then type netuser and hit enter. It list the number of user account. Again then type netuser nameofuser *. Here put the user account in place of nameofuser and type * and hit enter two three times. Reboot the admin account password will be removed. If this does not work you can use ophcrack. This is a bootable disc which can be used to find Windows login password.

Quote Originally Posted by Iquau View Post
    The password can be remove if you can boot in command prompt. Restart your system and press F8. Choose boot in command prompt. Then type netuser and hit enter. It list the number of user account. Again then type netuser nameofuser *. Here put the user account in place of nameofuser and type * and hit enter two three times. Reboot the admin account password will be removed. If this does not work you can use ophcrack. This is a bootable disc which can be used to find Windows login password.
    I tried both ways and the ophcrack I can't get it to work it will go to the press any key to continues but then gives me errors idk if I downloaded it wrong or the steps I only have a USB key to work with and its a 2gb?

Dont you have a dvd drive inside the Acer aspire 3690 laptop? You can also borrow a cheap dvd external writer and then burn the image file of the operating system on the dvd and simply reinstall windows vista in your laptop.

Quote Originally Posted by simond View Post
    Dont you have a dvd drive inside the Acer aspire 3690 laptop? You can also borrow a cheap dvd external writer and then burn the image file of the operating system on the dvd and simply reinstall windows vista in your laptop.
    I do have a dvd drive but no burner I have no idea about computers but I do have a usb 2gb memory stick? Will that work or do I need a cd too?