Thread: Mac OS X 10.7.3 update is available for download but causing App crash after installing

Mac OS X 10.7.3 update is available for download but causing App crash after installing

we are aware of that 10.7.3 update is available for download but I came to know that there is an issue. but after installing this particular update on the device people are started to face app crash with CUI charterers. So if you are planning to update then make sure that you have taken complete backup of the same. backup would be useful to restore if you are going to get any issue after updating.

Re: Mac OS X 10.7.3 update is available for download but causing App crash after installing

People who are having an issue after updating with latest version of the update should perform below mentioned diagnostics steps.

See that your system is shut down and simply press the power button.

As you listen the startup tone you should press and hold the shift key and release the same as you see grey apple icon on the screen.

Safe mode seems to bit slower than that of normal mode so many of the things will not work at all. now see that issue is happening or not.

Re: Mac OS X 10.7.3 update is available for download but causing App crash after installing

I let you know that this particular update worked for me after restoring with the Time Machine backup. As far as I remember original software update supposed to failed once but completed after doing second attempt.

In this particular situation I am suggesting below mentioned thing which can help you to meet your need.

First of all you have to remove Airport plist file so that it can reconnect automatically. The default plist file is having auto connect value to false. Simply change it true.
    Remove the Airport plist file ensure that you are having backup of it.

After searching a lot on the internet I concluded that you can take advantage of Lion recovery partition and it supposed to be present on your system. pressing an holding R key at the startup would allow you to boot your system into Recovery. Where you will be able to reinstall Lion. You can also download and install combo update as a part of the recovery cycle. I don’t recommend to erase or restore the drive until and unless it is necessary.

After going through the problem I am suspecting that the entire issue has been associated with the update itself and it should be fixed by the apple itself. I hope they will work out on the same and release the necessary patch as early as possible.