Forgot your username/password?
Register Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Windows 7 ultimate not booting after conversion to dynamic disk

Operating Systems

Old 03-04-2012

Windows 7 ultimate not booting after conversion to dynamic disk

hello all,

somehow my hard disk partition became dynamic. i formatted system and insttaled windows 7 ultimate in the dynamic disk partition.

from then onwards system is not booting. only black screen with cursor on the upper left corner of the black screen.

if i am not wrong windows 7 cannot boot with dynamic disk. i will have to go to the disk management and after conversion of dynamic disk to basic disk with deleting all the volumes (data). it is possible to boot with windows 7.

but system is not booting...not opening..so i cannot go to disk management.

hrad disk is showing some partitions with system reserved.

except system reserved all the partitions are shwoing dynamic.

and in only one partition formatting option and installing OS option is coming while i booting system with OS DVD.

reinstalltion through OS DVD is possble by booting through OS DVD. but in advanced option repartition option is not coming.

the one partition in which i installed OS previously, only in that formatting option is coming.
in other partition neither formating option is coming nor extend.

please help

Old 03-04-2012

Re: Windows 7 ultimate not booting after conversion to dynamic disk

I will explain below a method that will convert the dynamic disk partitions to basic disk partitions.
  1. First of all download the partition manager (hiren boot CD) and burn it to a CD so it can be bootable
  2. After that run the CD
  3. Next you have to click the DOS option
  4. After that run FDISK and delete the NON-DOS partitions
  5. Then you have to create a Primary disk
  6. Lastly just reboot and install the windows/ linux you want

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,