Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 03-04-2012

How to migrate files from Tiger HD to Lion Mac mini

I am having a Mac Mini which is running on Lion 7.2. and other than this I am also having hard disk from my iMac which use to run Tiger 10.4.8, the hard disk in my case is an eSATA HD case which is connected via USB to the Lion mini, I am able to see the files on the Tiger HD but then I don?t know how to migrate the files from the same to Lion mini, I just wanted to know that I just have to do copy paste or there is something else that I have to try out??
Old 03-04-2012

Re: How to migrate files from Tiger HD to Lion Mac mini

Quote:
I am having a Mac Mini which is running on Lion 7.2. and other than this I am also having hard disk from my iMac which use to run Tiger 10.4.8, the hard disk in my case is an eSATA HD case which is connected via USB to the Lion mini, I am able to see the files on the Tiger HD but then I don?t know how to migrate the files from the same to Lion mini, I just wanted to know that I just have to do copy paste or there is something else that I have to try out??
In that case you will have to use a file migration app, you can check out for the same in finder /Applications/Utilities/ but then if you are not having the same there then you refer to the below article for the same:
Mac OS X v10.6: How to use Migration Assistant to transfer files from another Mac
Just check it out and see if you are able to get help from there.
Old 03-04-2012

Re: How to migrate files from Tiger HD to Lion Mac mini

I just wanted to share that as I have mentioned that I am able to see the Mac HD icon with the USB symbol when I am connecting the old Tiger HD and turning it on, so I have now opened the Migration Assistant and when I am logging in the same and when trying to transfer files from a Time Machine Backup and clicking on the continue then I am getting a spinner saying it is checking out for other computer but then the Tiger HD is not shown in the Migration Assistant, does anyone know what might be the issue here???

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , , ,