Thread: How to reset windows 8 admin password

How to reset windows 8 admin password

Hey guys do any of you all know how to reset the windows 8 admin password once lost or forgotten. Since windows 8 is a completely new concept to me that’s why I want to know how can I reset or restore the password?

I hope many of you all over here would be having some ideas about it. I am waiting for the response from you all. Do reply accordingly over here.

Re: How to reset windows 8 admin password

Quote Originally Posted by Prem-Din View Post
    Hey guys do any of you all know how to reset the windows 8 admin password once lost or forgotten. Since windows 8 is a completely new concept to me that’s why I want to know how can I reset or restore the password?

I hope many of you all over here would be having some ideas about it. I am waiting for the response from you all. Do reply accordingly over here.
    There are lots of third-party Windows password recovery tool available like Windows Password Breaker. Was available for the windows 7. So for windows 8 as well there would be some third party tools for the recovery of the password.

Hey I happened to watch one of the leaked videos that is doing the rounds in the internet and from that what I have learned is that Windows 8 users will have a separate logon method i.e. by inputting the graphical code. Like there would be a 4X4 array, Windows 8 users can custom their own logon password. Windows 8 users also enjoy the freedom of using the pictures as the password once they get inside the operating system. So even if you forgot the traditional windows 8 text password hen login to the system using the graphical password and then change the Windows 8 traditional text password. So hope that was clear for you.

Hi I would like to help you with the following steps

1) First of all download a software called as Windows Password Rescuer then install it in the PC.

2) Now create a bootable CD/DVD disc or USB Drive.

3) Go to the BIOS and set up boot sequence as CD/DVD or USB.

4) Insert the bootable CD that you have created and then reboo the system.

5) Once it starts you will get to see a new set of interface in this operating system,.

6) You will get a welcome page and just below it there will be all details specified right from operating system to the password. Select the operating system as Windows 8 developer preview, select the proper user domain name, add the new password that you want to add and click on reset password.

That’s it your password is reset.

Actually Windows 8 introduces login type, where you can logon with your Windows Live ID (hotmail). Every password reset program that I've tried so far has not reset this successfully.

Quote Originally Posted by Qui View Post
    Actually Windows 8 introduces login type, where you can logon with your Windows Live ID (hotmail). Every password reset program that I've tried so far has not reset this successfully.
    Download a tool called Windows Password Rescuer which is an easily and safely use tool designed for resetting local administrator passwords on Windows 8. You only need to burn a bootable CD/DVD or USB Flash Drive, and make your computer boot from CD/DVD or USB Drive to reset your lost password.

Quote Originally Posted by Qui View Post
    Dont you have any second Admin Account on your system ??? If you have, you can reset your account from that second one. If you dont have second account you should boot your system in Safe Mode and reset the password. Remember, normal F8 will not take windows 8 in safe mode. The hotkey has been changed. You will need to Press Shift + F8.