Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2012

Advice needed to restore Contents of .trash on mac os

as I could not find a simple and any solution on net , I am posting the same in this forum and to say in my topic, I made some deletion, of some important files and also desktop and all the main folders and files on it. I however know the process of unerasing it all and related to it , but not knowing about this case. As my files are located in my .trash folder. And I am not getting some means to restore all those files that are existing in that folder?
Old 02-04-2012

re: Advice needed to restore Contents of .trash on mac os

I think this is a very simple and straight forward process and have you tried with just dragging it out? I was also having same issue and it worked for me. In addition to this, you can try with even by "undo move" under "edit" . hope this helps.
Old 02-04-2012

I would suggest you to make use of Terminal for that. As you may come across that the .Trash is an invisible folder and, unless you make use of a program such as MainMenu to make this visible, you will not be able to navigate to it. If you wish for making use of the Terminal, you need to know the command lines to navigate to the folder and move them out of .trash.
Old 02-04-2012

I have found some ways in which you are able to get your lost data back. I am making use of the mac data recovery free from easeus. You can also have a try for that one. It will be really beneficial in your case.
Old 02-04-2012

Yes , it is correctly said by the previous post and I am also making use of that one as I think that the EaseUS Mac Photo Recovery Free is mainly designed for Mac OS data recovery. And in addition, this Mac data recovery freeware aims to recover lost multimedia files from your Mac system along with other storage devices regardless of file systems as well as it also tends to directly search lost files.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,