Thread: How to use Speech commands in Mac system

How to use Speech commands in Mac system

I am just trying to configure speech commands in a mac system. I need help to do so. I had seen some default settings which showed up the output on basic voice commands only. I need more detailed tips that can provide me help in setting up my entire system on speech controls. Thanks.

Re: How to use Speech commands in Mac system

To properly setup speech control it is necessary to calibrate your voice on the system. If the voice calibration thing worked nicely you are done with the speech control. The system will react on the base of your speed commands. To enable the go on Speech Recognition tab and then choose on. Then you have to setup your voice using the microphone. One the speech is calibratedproperly you are done with the same. You can use the most basic and advance commands as per your need. There are some tips that you can try. The speech commands in Mac is very easily editable. You can add up your own command as per your need. The commands are placed in /User/Library/Speech/Speakable Items/.

Mac speech recognition comes with many inbuilt commands that can be used. Once it is activated you can use the same to configure some customize command or deal with regular ones. The tool can be activated by pressing the escape and say the command. It is much nicer in maq in comparison to any other system.

It is possible to add customize commands for any keyboard shortcut in mac. You have to just try to use the global speaking items. Just say define a keyboard command when the service is active. Press a key say the command and save it. That's all. It is not required to use any other tool to modify major system settings for adding up a speech command in mac. It is must easier to configure in mac. If you still have doubts on this then you can try to find more solution in the help center of mac. You can read the same and get detailed steps on how it works actually.

I have a short way how you can create your own commands in mac speech recognition. You can configure the commands you will need to write certain codes in xml version. This is a kind of very advance process which is far more complicated sometime.

I had tried to configure as many commands in mac speech service. But what I prefer is any place where I can download all speech commands at one. It become more easier process. I had tried to do that the voice modulation does not really fits with every commands. It becomes a pain sometime.

warnerbob18 Guest

Is it really possible to make own commands in MAC..?
    if it is then please tell about the complete procedure of that.
    I am new to MAC OS and i want to learn these such important things.
    Last edited by warnerbob18; 02-04-2012 at 03:39 PM. Reason: spell

yest, you can make your own speakable commands in MAC. It is possible. But remember, you can only make English. Anyways, here is the procedure:

In order to create an application-specific speakable command, first turn on Speakable Items. While in the application, say "Make this application speakable." This creates a folder for the application in the Speakable Items folder. Items you drag to this folder can be used as spoken commands. Create a script that uses the application command that you'd like to give as a spoken command. For the complete info, check out this Apple Article.