Thread: Ubuntu 11.10 Gnome Shell glitch

Ubuntu 11.10 Gnome Shell glitch

I am new to Ubuntu . Now I am running 11.04 Natty Narwhal on a HDD which is partitioned for dual boot with Windows 7. Everything seems working fine and there was no problem at all till yesterday. Today I have updated the Oneiric Ocelot and there is a strange problem and very hard to find about it. After installing the gnome shell using terminal, I went to use it and noticed that top bar was glitching with different colors on a single bar and nothing else appearing.

Re: Ubuntu 11.10 Gnome Shell glitch

If you have the latest version of Ubuntu (version 11.10) installed you will be the default desktop environment Unity. But Ubuntu 11.10 runs gnome 3 and there is also a wonderful Gnome shell (3.2) for. This desktop environment is at least as beautiful as Unity. After installing you can choose at login from Ubuntu (Unity) or Gnome shell (3.2). The other options are less powerful video cards, or if you can not get used to the new environment.
    To set the Gnome as the default shell to have to type the following code:
    Code:
    sudo / usr / lib / lightdm / lightdm set-defaults-s gnome-shell
    To set Unity as default set, you must enter the following code:
    Code:
    sudo / usr / lib / lightdm / lightdm set-defaults-s ubuntu

Since there are problems with the ATI cards at all the time and I can only recommend not activating the proprietary graphics driver and FGRLX. Natty under the shell has crashed constantly, so I had to set up the system. While this makes them among Oneirc not now, but it comes to training pixels on the top bar and unsightly jerking.

Since upgrading to Oneiric Unity is always a little notchy (Natty was very fast and smooth), but how cool is your GNOME Shell?

There are some tutorials on how to eliminate the pixelation, what works well, but the jerking and trembling still, at least it stayed with me. Unfortunately, I had long been experimenting with the driver.I installed from scratch. Still no help.

I have searched many places and had read already about that, just trying to find more.

Everywhere you say more or less the same, I'll have to wait a while to be cleared that problem.