Thread: Is Intel Graphics Media Accelerator HD supported in Linux Ubuntu 10.04?

Is Intel Graphics Media Accelerator HD supported in Linux Ubuntu 10.04?

I am new to this Linux department and hence please do consider me if I have made some mistakes while asking the question, well I have brought a new laptop from dell which has a Intel core i3 330M 2.13 GHz processor with integrated graphics(Intel Graphics Media Accelerator HD (Core i3). Now I want to know whether my Ubuntu 10.04 would be supporting this Intel Graphics Media Accelerator HD? I hope you all might have understood this question properly, so what do you all think about the same? reply guys. I am waiting for your response.

Re: Is Intel Graphics Media Accelerator HD supported in Linux Ubuntu 10.04?

Yes definitely it will work well with the intel HD graphics. Lucid does not have any problem at all. So that’s why I don’t think there is any problem with the compatibility at all. Hope that’s clear for you all.

Yes I know the reason why you have asked this previous the previous version of ubuntu 9.10 did not support that intel HD graphics in it. So as a alternative people had to use safe graphics mod in order to be recognized in the ubuntu 9.10. But you don’t have to worry now new Intel HD graphics are very much supportive in Ubuntu 10.04. enjoy completely.

I have noticed a small problem with brightness controls using intel hd graphics in ubuntu 10.04. the brightness controls seems to be not working with the 10.04 ubuntu. So that’s why you need to use the se compiz accessibility function with the help of which you can lower down the brightness of individual windows completely. Surely appears to be a driver issue. Hope it gets fixed up soon.

Even I have a resolution problem with Ubuntu 10.04 my graphics does not work well with it. Like you all even I am having a intel HD graphics and I am getting a very low resolution support, the maximum resolution that I can set in my desktop is only 1024x768 well my screen does supports 1366x768. So I should be getting that but with the intel hd graphics I am not able to get that in my ubuntu 10.04. So any workarounds for this then do let me know about it as soon as possible.

Quote Originally Posted by N@tty.Geo View Post
    Even I have a resolution problem with Ubuntu 10.04 my graphics does not work well with it. Like you all even I am having a intel HD graphics and I am getting a very low resolution support, the maximum resolution that I can set in my desktop is only 1024x768 well my screen does supports 1366x768. So I should be getting that but with the intel hd graphics I am not able to get that in my ubuntu 10.04. So any workarounds for this then do let me know about it as soon as possible.
    If you want then you can file a bug report with the Linux ubuntu people about the same and people out there will help you for sure. So that’s one thing you should try out. Hope that makes some difference.

Quote Originally Posted by ADDISON View Post
    If you want then you can file a bug report with the Linux ubuntu people about the same and people out there will help you for sure. So that’s one thing you should try out. Hope that makes some difference.
    A bug report has already been filed over here if you all read it properly then there is no solution or fix coming out yet. That’s what disappointing me a lot. Anyways I will do update you all in case if I come across some fix for this particular problem.

I don’t understand what are you all saying. Ubuntu 10.04 works excellent with Intel HD Graphics. I am using it however don’t do a mistake of using the intel HD graphics with Ubuntu 11.4. no don’t do that mistake at all. The graphics would be setback to the standard stuff and there would be no 3GL stuff at all. Unfortunately one of my friend did that and he reported me this problem that’s why I am asking you all to stay away rom it.