Thread: Getting “Unhandled Lockdown error” and “Unable to mount ipod” error in ubuntu 11.10.

Getting “Unhandled Lockdown error” and “Unable to mount ipod” error in ubuntu 11.10.

I am newbie in this section and don’t have any idea regarding this case as I was experimenting regarding the ipod touch with iOS 4.3.3 mounting with Ubuntu 11.10. but it seems that I have mistaken somewhere and not able to proceed further. Can you guys suggest me some means in this case as I am receiving the following error:Unable to mount ipod along with Unhandled Lockdown error (-5). So can you suggest some means. thanks.

re: Getting “Unhandled Lockdown error” and “Unable to mount ipod” error in ubuntu 11.10.

I have studied this problem earlier and all I can say that you need to install iFuse and then enter the following code.
    Code:
    sudo apt-get install libimobiledevice-utils
    idevicepair unpair && idevicepair pair

re: Getting “Unhandled Lockdown error” and “Unable to mount ipod” error in ubuntu 11.10.

I made tries according to your reply but , it is not working with my existing version and that solution worked for me with an iOS 5 iphone 4 along with Oneiric. So as I was switched to this one , it was working fine but later when I switched with the previous one , it was not able to give the required output.

I have studied this problem earlier and all I can say that you need to install iFuse and then enter the following code.
    Code:

Code:
    this one works in my case as I am making use of ipod touch 3G on ios5. But I think that the difference that I am working fine is that I am making use of Rhythm box on Ubuntu 11.10. so you can also have a try in this case. Hope this one helps .

I am having the similar issue . When I attempt to repair, I get the following error:

Code:
    QueryType failed, error code -256
    Are you having ideas as I am not able to solve further regarding this one. Please assist me in this topic.

I am having the similar issue . When I attempt to repair, I get the following error:

Code:
    QueryType failed, error code -256
    Are you having ideas as I am not able to solve further regarding this one. Please assist me in this topic.

Guys this error is common in most of the cases and I have found a bug report which is relating with the '-5' error that looked like it was resolved with an update to libimobiledevice. So in addition, libimobiledevice-utils was already up to date so I just went further and made an installation of the following packages:

Code:
    sudo apt-get install libimobiledevice2-dbg libimobiledevice-dev libimobiledevice-doc libimobiledevice2
    and it was resolved. You will have your issue solved. But make a note of one thing that you need to again reconnect your existing ipod.

According to some sources , it has been observed that there are many such cases where people are prone to get such types of errors and I have few suggestions which will help them solve their issue.

for those who have attempted this one, as seen earlier
    Code:
    and are receiving this one

Code:
    Unhandled Lockdown error (-5)
    You need to unlock the device initially , by this i indicate you require to slide to unlock and then enter the 4 digit code if required , and then attempt:
    Code:
    then you require to just unplug the device from pc as well as plug back in and all should be working well.

I made some attempts in this case but it was solved. Guys I am close to this solution as I'm making use of Ubuntu 11.04 and have libimobiledevice installed. When I attempt to apt-get install libimobiledevice2 I receive something like this :

E: Unable to locate package libimobiledevice2

So what is the exact reason behind this one as I have tried with above solutions as well as with code. Do I have to make some addition of repository or else something to get this?

For all you guys who are still receiving the Unhandled 256 error since you have ios5, I suppose , You will require the git version of libimobiledevice, as I made some test and it has worked in my case on Arch Linux. Also the issue may be persisting because you unlock the iphone the similar way you would when you tend to make a call?