Thread: How to install Mac OS X Lion with no recovery error

How to install Mac OS X Lion with no recovery error

Can anyone help me to install Mac OS X Lion without this recovery error. I am not able to install this on my laptop. Every time I am getting that Lion cannot be install as there is no recovery partition. What does this means actually. I had tried a number of time but nothing worked out. It will be better if anyone can help me to get full guide for running the installation of Mac OS X Lion. I can also test the same on a iMac. But before getting into the same error I need some help which can be used to get rid of this annoying errors. Thanks in advance.

Re: How to install Mac OS X Lion with no recovery error

That error is related to default recovery partition made by mac operating system. It does not need a really high space. Around 700mb free space is more than enough. First check that there is ample of free space available in your system to run the setup. Second check that your drive is formatted as per mac standards. That is the partition should be made as per mac standard or else the installation will not work at all. There should be bad sectors in the drive where installation is done. Somehow mac might not install on a unhealthy disc. You can try contacting apple support. They put more light on the same.

This looks a bug. My friend tried to install this a hundred time but he is not succeeded. I think apple should check all this stuff before releasing the product in the market. There is a no recovery page which has lot more information on the same.

This is not a bug. This is error because of invalid mac partition. You wlil need to properly format the drive so that Lion can be installed on the same. No recovery error is the most common error that many had faced at the installation of mac os lion. Is there any other partition exist on your system or any other operating system. You will need to provide a single disk with fully formatted drive for mac operating system only and then see Lion will be installed. If there are other partition on your system I will advice you to have a backup and then format them also as per mac standard. The partition which is used by mac system is Mac OS Extended.

Is this really the partitioning issue. Even if agreed on this solution then a user will need to format the entire drive to a single Mac OS Extended partition and then only stuff might work.