Thread: Screen capture and Keylogger software for ubuntu

Screen capture and Keylogger software for ubuntu

hello guys , I am newbie and as a change I moved to the ubuntu operating system and I find myself comfortable making use of this operating system. As I was making use of Keylogger & Screen capture software for windows , I don’t have any idea regarding this operating system. Hope you will help me in my issue. so I just want to inquire as Is there any keylogger and screen capture software for Ubuntu Jackalope? Can you suggest some ways in which I am able to solve the issue. thanks

Re: Screen capture and Keylogger software for ubuntu

I have some suggestions regarding your case and need to tell you that Linux KeyLogger is the one which you were inquiring about and to say something regarding the LKL, it is a userspace keylogger which runs under Linux on the x86 arch. LKL sniffs as well as logs all that passes through the hardware keyboard port. In addition to this It also translates keycodes to ASCII by means of a keymap file.

thanks for the reply , as I after this reply , I have found quite useful information regarding the Linux KeyLogger and might say that it will help in my case , but Are there any other options. And any screen capture software?

Yes , I have found for the software which you were inquiring for. it is the gtk-recordmydesktop . and it is desktop session recorder for GNU / linux which tries to be easy to make use of, yet as well efficient at it's primary task. As such, the program is divided in two parts; a simple command line tool which executes the essential tasks of capturing along with encoding as well as an interface which pictures the program functionality in a utilizable means. The command line tool (which basically is recordMyDesktop), is written in C, whereas there are two frontends, written in python LANGUAGE with pyGtk (gtk-recordMyDesktop) along with pyQt4 (qt-recordMyDesktop). recordMyDesktop present also the aptitude to record audio all the way through ALSA, OSS or else the JACK audio server.

As you are making sue of ubuntu operating system, and you find some interest in Screen capture software , I need to say that it is present and there's gnome-screenshot, which is installed by default in Ubuntu which you will find in the Accessories menu. And gnome-screenshot is a utility which is used in the GNOME Desktop Environment for taking screenshots. It is a piece of the GNOME Utilities package. It offers various alternatives, counting capturing the whole desktop or else just a single window, a time delay function, in addition to a few image effects.alike applications comprise Shutter, which offers additional alternatives, and KSnapshot in KDE.

In this case what you actually want to do . If you are looking to protect your children, many applications like DansGuardian which are available permits you for web filtering etc.

As for screen capturing, I can believe of a lot of means to go about this, I'm sure there is an application that lets this which I think the periodic screen capture will render your service. If you are well-known with scripting (bash,python,perl), this is even easier to attain.

To record the desktop, there are many probabilities. istanbull, XVidCap, make sure to configure them appropriately or else you will have hundreds of gigabytes of video saved speedily . Add the screen capture to autostart, and allow it run in the background, and I think your issue will be definitely solved.in addition to this , monitoring the system is almost certainly not the best alternative, Dansguardian or else other alike apps permit web filtering, and are also able to record when certain keywords appear, furthermore there are many very easy means to monitor web traffic, which is a improved means than keylogging/screen capturing.