Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Sponsored Links

Unable to unlock recovery HD disk while installing Mac OS X Lion

Operating Systems

Old 30-03-2012

Unable to unlock recovery HD disk while installing Mac OS X Lion

as the title of the thread is saying what I wanted to ask you over here in this particular thread. Well I am having Mac Book Pro. I noticed some issue on the device of mine and hence I decieded to perform a reinstall on of Mac OS X Lion on recovery HD disk but it is saying that it has been locked and I am not able to do the same. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks a lot in advance.

Old 30-03-2012

Re: Unable to unlock recovery HD disk while installing Mac OS X Lion

Looking at the situation I am suggesting below mentioned solution which you can try to resolve the issue of yours.
You should execute below mentioned command on terminal.
Code:
sudo chflags nouchg /
it would asked for the login password and it wont displayed when you will type the same. Also you might get a warning for the same and after that close the terminal and simply try again.
Old 30-03-2012

Well I was also facing the same problem which you have stated over here. so what I done? I had simply turned off the Mac for around 10 minutes and started again. inserted the disk on the drive and got the disk utility after booting from the installer. I ran a simple verify again and after that it worked for me.
Old 30-03-2012

I wanted to share my experience with all the users and I am hoping that it would be useful to you. Well I used external USB and installed fresh copy of Mac OS X Lion and used the same as a bootdisk. As I booted the Lion it detected old internal HDD and got the above mentioned error message. However I was able to read as well as copy from the old drive to the external drive. So I concluded that I will be able to reformat the drive and perform a clean install of Mac OS X Lion.
Old 31-03-2012

Yes there are lots of people who are suffering from the above mentioned issue. I searched on the Google and figured out that one will be able to resolve the issue after installing that latest version of Software updates.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,