Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 26-03-2012

Font Preview not working anymore in Windows 7

It worked well, trust me it did. However, it all went for a toss when I tried solving an issue and landed into mess of an higher altitude all together. The initial issue was that, I could preview the .ttf font file but could not preview the .otf font files. And as a solution to which I tried changing both file associations to be viewed by Windows Font Viewer and now I can?t preview any fonts. I?ve been getting this message that they are not valid font files. What I considered to be a solution have turned upto a greater trouble. I need help/solution/advice/suggestion, whatever you would like to call it.
Old 26-03-2012

Re: Font Preview not working anymore in Windows 7

I am not sure, if I can be of any help to you. I think, the issue is with your font manager. I use ?Bitstream? which comes with CorelDraw. It works great with both .ttf and .otf fonts.I would recommend (this is what I would like to call it, ) you to try using some Font manager. I sort of feel, it would solve your issue. Some font managers include: AMP fontviewer, Fontexpert, CFont Pro, MainType extra. Google for the freeware of any and you?ll definitely find an apt one for you problem.
Old 26-03-2012

Re: Font Preview not working anymore in Windows 7

Buddy, let me tell you what you?ve done is almost irrevocable. Windows 7 and Vista has this major issue wherein you can?t unassociate. This is definitely a drawback in both the OS. However Programmers, as you know always have a solution, rather a backdoor one to come out of the deepest of troubles. It?s the similar in this case. Please Google for Ramesh Srinivasan?s program for unassociation and deletion of offending solutions. Use only the part of associational and your problem will be solved.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,