Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 26-03-2012

Windows 8 Consumer Preview installation getting stuck on Checking apps

I am installing Windows 8 on my laptop but it?s not really getting installed. The problem being that it?s getting stuck on Checking apps and devices part. It?s been almost half an hour and I don?t know if I should wait or discontinue. Does it always take this long?
Old 26-03-2012

Re: Windows 8 Consumer Preview installation getting stuck on Checking apps

I guess I can help you fix this issue. I was suffering from the same a couple of weeks back. Firstly, try doing this, try opening ?devices and printers? from Win7 start menu. If it doesn?t load fully, be sure that the problem is because your installer is not able to scan your device.

For me, it was my Bluetooth adapter and the solution for which was:

Click on the Start Button, type services into the Search Programs box. Select Services. You?ll see a list of local services on your system. Find ?Bluetooth services ? and make sure it has started and make it set to automatic.
Old 26-03-2012

Re: Windows 8 Consumer Preview installation getting stuck on Checking apps

Please try installing Windows 8 Consumer Preview via downloading the ISO image. Given below is the download link for the ISO file.

Windows 8 Consumer Preview ISO formats

You will be able to create a DVD or make a flash drive from which you can install this from. Instructions for doing this are on the link above.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , ,