Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 26-03-2012

Can i open multiple applications in Windows 8 Consumer Preview

I am yet to install Windows 8 Consumer Preview, but I happened to see my friend using it and I somehow felt you can?t open multiple applications at the same time. This sounds scary. I mean, I being a professional, can?t even imagine such a feature fault where in I can?t open multiple files. There has to be an alternative.
Old 26-03-2012

Re: Can i open multiple applications in Windows 8 Consumer Preview

You?ve got to be kidding, currently there is already IE, Word and Excel open on my desktop. There?s no issue of the type you mentioned for sure.

I?ve been using Windows 8 Consumer Preview and I?m enjoying the experience. My response for the entire interface is definitely positive. I would suggest you to ease your concern and please go ahead with the installation. If you don?t like it, don?t use it.
Old 26-03-2012

You didn?t really get my point. I am not concerned about Multitasking. I know Microsoft is sensible enough to not to ignore such an important feature. I am talking about the tiling feature. As in, I wish to run and view applications at the same time. I am not sure if that?s possible.
Old 26-03-2012

Please relax and stop panicking. Desktop applications can be opened, run and viewed at the same time. However, Metro apps which is supposed to utilize the entire screen makes it a bit difficult. Scroll to the top of the screen, you will see the cursor change into a hand. From there Grab the app and move it to the left or right. This will allow you to open another Metro App and use them both at the same time. But unfortunately this is not perfect.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , , ,