Go Back   TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Become a Member!
Forgot your username/password?
Tags Active Topics RSS Search Mark Forums Read

Old 26-03-2012

Can I have access to my pre-installed data after I uninstalling Windows 8 Consumer Preview

I am about to install Windows 8 Consumer Preview. But I?m not sure, if I?ll be able to access all my previous data and files after I uninstall it. The data is a bit sensitive and I?m not really sure, what do I do with it? please help.
Old 26-03-2012

Re: Can I have access to my pre-installed data after I uninstalling Windows 8 Consumer Preview

Am actually not sure if we can uninstall Windows 8 Consumer preview because the download manual clearly states that you have to reinstall your previous version of Windows in case you want to go back. If you actually want to try Windows 8 Consumer Preview, please take a back up of your data and files. Avoid installation on primary or production computer. If you don?t have a suitable test platform, wait for Windows 8 to be released.
Old 26-03-2012

Re: Can I have access to my pre-installed data after I uninstalling Windows 8 Consumer Preview

To go back to your previous version of Windows, you'll need to reinstall it from the recovery or installation media that came with your PC; typically DVD media. If you don?t have recovery media you might be able to create it from a recovery partition on your PC using software provided by your PC manufacturer. Check the support section of your PC manufacturer?s website for more information. After you install Windows 8, you won?t be able to use the recovery partition on your PC to go back to your previous version of Windows.

TechArena Community > Software > Operating Systems
Tags: , , ,