Thread: How to use CAB SDK?

How to use CAB SDK?

Hello Friends, I am installing the Windows XP in the External hard drive and having the issue while dealing with the edit in Windows XP ISO. It display the message:
    Use the Cab SDK (from the command line) for extracting the contents of the .IN_ files. Each of them contains exactly one .inf file. If you are unsure how to use the Cab SDK, here is an example command line: "cabarc x USBSTOR.IN_" . You should end up with three new files in the folder, called:
    • usb.inf
    • usbport.inf
    • usbstor.inf

You can now delete the .IN_ files.
    Now i am unable to understand that what next i have to do. So please advise me something to work with the How to use CAB SDK?. Thank you.

Re: How to use CAB SDK?

It seems that you are trying to extract file from the Windows XP CD Rom. First insert the Windows Xp CD in the CD ROM. Now click on the Start and then type cmd in Run Box and hit enter. Now from the command prompt you can expand the Windows XP file. Just use the below given example which will help you for the same.
    expand F:\i386\sysoc.in_ -r c:\windows\inf
    expand F:\i386\sysoc.in_ c:\windows\inf\sysoc.inf
    Like this way you can expand the Window XP ISO file. So do the same and work with it.

If i am not wrong then you are looking for some trick to run then Windows XP from the pen drive so here i am giving you the link which is having the same discussed in it. And having the solution for the problem that you are facing. So go through the link given below and work with the same. I hope you will like it. Say thanks if you like the same.
    How to install Windows XP on your PenDrive?

If you are looking for the USB drive boot of the Window Xp then let me tell you that this can be possible with the help of the bootable USB. To make the USB bootable you have to download the "USB Multiboot Tool" which do the same and after that follow the instruction given on the link below which will help you for the same.
    Install Windows XP from USB

It seems that you are trying to extract file from the Windows XP CD Rom. First insert the Windows Xp CD in the CD ROM. Now click on the Start and then type cmd in Run Box and hit enter. Now from the command prompt you can expand the Windows XP file. Just use the below given example which will help you for the same.
    Quote:
    expand F:\i386\sysoc.in_ -r c:\windows\inf
    expand F:\i386\sysoc.in_ c:\windows\inf\sysoc.inf
    Like this way you can expand the Window XP ISO file. So do the same and work with it.
    Thanks a lot it worked for me.

ThumbsUp Re: How to use CAB SDK?

thank you for giving the command