Archos 5 firmware upgrade gone wrong
I think I may have bricked my Archos 5 (Gen 6) IMT in the course of attempting a disk upgrade. I had already previously upgraded the disk, and was running a patched firmware. This time I was trying to upgrade again, to a larger 750Gb disk.
Before I started I had firmware 1.6.53 (patched) installed, with a 500Gb drive. I then did the following:
1. Replaced the HDD with a 750Gb drive
2. Formatted the new disk from Archos recovery menu
3. Copied patched firmware v1.7.22 .aos file to the disk and tried the firmware upgrade. It started, but stopped at 45% for 45 minutes so I interrupted it (unplugged the USB cable and the Archos powered down)
5. Tried to reboot the Archos but it went into a boot loop (splash screen, blue screen, black screen, then back to splash screen). Also couldn't get back to the Archos recovery menu
6. Re-installed the original 500Gb and rebooted - the reboot was successful, with the penguin boot screen indicating that it was booting v1.7.22. I could also get to the Archos recovery menu.
7. Copied the firmware .aos to the 500Gb disk and tried to update the firmware again, but got a NOK error 207.
Now the Archos always boots straight to the Recovery menu. If I try to install ANY firmware (from either the original disk or the new one) I always get the NOK error (207).
Can anyone suggest a fix??
Re: Archos 5 firmware upgrade gone wrong
|Tags: archos 5, archos recovery menu, error code, firmware, hdd|
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|Similar Threads for: "Archos 5 firmware upgrade gone wrong"|
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Will Archos 101 tablet be compatible with Calibre after an ICS upgrade?||N@tty.Geo||Portable Devices||3||05-03-2012 08:28 PM|
|How to Install Archos 5 and Archos 7 OS Firmware||MrChris-||Operating Systems||12||10-01-2012 10:51 PM|
|Wrong firmware in Seagate Barracuda ES ST3500630NS||Hunter!||Hardware Peripherals||11||06-12-2011 08:13 AM|
|ST380215A Barracuda has a wrong size in the firmware version number||Swiz||Hardware Peripherals||1||25-08-2011 09:23 AM|
|Archos 2 and Archos 4 flash players leak out||Pugsly||Portable Devices||3||08-04-2009 08:34 AM|