Thread: List some drawbacks of Metro UI and Redesign Recommendations in windows 8 Consumer Preview Edition

List some drawbacks of Metro UI and Redesign Recommendations in windows 8 Consumer Preview Edition

as I was testing with the Windows 8 Consumer Preview Metro UI as it is one of the latest release and was concerning regarding its benefits. It is having some positive points , but what would be the negative aspects of it. While the Metro UI works better than it did in the Developer Preview, it still doesn't experience like an effectual result to any of Windows's issues, and it frequently hinders usability. So can you give me some drawbacks of this latest release.

Re: List some drawbacks of Metro UI and Redesign Recommendations in windows 8 Consumer Preview Edition

First of all , regarding the latest release , I need to say that there are some positive points inculcated but there are some few to be considered. And regarding the negative points it lacks in Multitasking as there are Limitations in this case. and regarding the same, multitasking has been really enhanced in Windows 8 since the Developer Preview release. though, Windows 8's completion of multitasking isn't equivalent to that of other editions of Windows. Having full-screen apps still experiences like a odd design, as well as while the new app list at the side of the screen assists to resolve the issue of not having a Metro-style taskbar. An even worse circumstances takes place when switching among a Metro app with the desktop, plus everything takes longer. It's easier to just let alone making use of Metro completely and run everything in the desktop rather than attempting to switch back and forward among Metro apps.

Re: List some drawbacks of Metro UI and Redesign Recommendations in windows 8 Consumer Preview Edition

I would additionally say in this case that although no where as insightful as this, that the requirement of a clock app for the start menu is a vast loss to efficiency for a business environment client. Business is all concerning time, and this Metro start menu environment is not regarding business it's in relation to play as well as forgetting with reference to time. This is not viable in a production business environment as it stands; it's cute for activity but not getting real work completed that has deadlines or else plans. In the real world this is a time wasting interface / surroundings.

at whatever time I make use of the Metro UI in Windows 8, I still acquire the feeling that I am moving my mouse approximately as well as clicking all over the screen more than I do in any further operating system. a lot of actions in Windows 8 still need large mouse motions that are not essential in any additional version of Windows, and it experiences incompetent. Switching back as well as forth between Metro-style apps along with the desktop was an additional uncomfortable experience, along with simple actions such as pausing a song still need extra clicking as well as more waiting than in any other edition of Windows.

Another drawback of the metro UI is that it has everything Hidden and "Chromeless" Programs and this is unaffected from the Developer Preview. This "chromeless design" is a issue together for the Start Screen as well as the Metro-style apps I experienced. I found that the condition of having to right-click on a program harshly holds back usability, as well as I nearly gave up on quite a few Metro apps previous to I realized that each Metro-style app in the Consumer Preview take over’s the right-click issue from the Developer Preview. This condition of having to right-click appears needless and will only squander time for mouse users.

When we consider this topic, I would say that the Windows 8 Consumer Preview will tend to fixe many of the issues found in the Developer Preview. though, it is far from ideal as well as still has usability issues . Microsoft maintains that the Windows 8 Consumer Preview is characteristic absolute, but it experiences very unfinished to me. as it is improbable that Microsoft will make any main modifications to Windows 8, I expect that they will think making more alteration or that they will resolve these issues in Windows 9.

It is well said and well written and i agree i do not like window 8 in any way on my desktop and they require to make it additionally mouse friendly and as well closing apps feel lost within the latest system no matter how much i tried to like it then they require to make a window 8 for a desktop edition additionally this version is treble .

I have found some issues with the windows and problem with the "I will stay with Windows 7" approach is that support will unavoidably end for Windows 7, and at this point, we don't identify if Microsoft will ever let go an additional desktop OS with no the full Metro UI. When Windows 8 starts on, the issues with Windows 8 on desktops will approximately and surely outweigh the benefits, but as time goes on, we might be forced to improve to Windows 8 otherwise as like OS if only since developers stop supporting Windows 7. therefore it's significant that Microsoft obtains Windows 8 right.

According to me, I suppose that my proposal for redesigning Windows 8 are similar as per the above post. It should be probable to disable the Start Screen in Windows 8 as well as run Metro-style apps in a window. It should as well be likely to generate desktop apps making use of WinRT, allowing them to make use of the notification system along with the Windows Store. If this functionality is not there in Windows 8, it should absolutely be added for Windows 9.

As said by most of the people, masses have been running multiple monitors for most of the time , and not to demonstrate how much of their own money they can spend for conceited rights, but to take benefit of tough multi-tasking, as well as cut&paste, and as a monitoring purpose for network administrators between a lot of other things.

It is but obvious that if an operating system is not designed for my PC, Microsoft requires to produce a improved one. Your post from previous indicates that the vast bulk of clients who rely on PCs will not be contented with Windows 8. If you are going to dispute that consumers are indolent plus only require/want a few features, which is merely not accurate, as I identify plenty of regular masses who rely on the full ability of a PC daily.