Thread: Windows 8 consumer preview keeps asking for a password after changing the email of the connected account

Windows 8 consumer preview keeps asking for a password after changing the email of the connected account

I hope you all have read the title properly. Well the case over here is that after having set up the windows 8 with the connected account. I decided to change the email address for the Microsoft account, now no matter whenever and wherever I go windows 8 comes up with a pop up and asks for a password I am not understanding why it keeps giving me that pop up every time that’s what I am not understanding at all. I am sick and tired f entering the password every time, any explanations on this then do tell me.

Re: Windows 8 consumer preview keeps asking for a password after changing the email of the connected account

Quote Originally Posted by Vidya Bacchi View Post
    I hope you all have read the title properly. Well the case over here is that after having set up the windows 8 with the connected account. I decided to change the email address for the Microsoft account, now no matter whenever and wherever I go windows 8 comes up with a pop up and asks for a password I am not understanding why it keeps giving me that pop up every time that’s what I am not understanding at all. I am sick and tired f entering the password every time, any explanations on this then do tell me.
    You said you changed your login. Well I am very eager to know how you changed it so that it will give us some detail about your problem that you are facing. So do tell me something about the steps that you took.

Re: Windows 8 consumer preview keeps asking for a password after changing the email of the connected account

Quote Originally Posted by Sitia View Post
    You said you changed your login. Well I am very eager to know how you changed it so that it will give us some detail about your problem that you are facing. So do tell me something about the steps that you took.
    Definitely I would like to tell that. I logged on to the login.live.com and from there I went to the account page. Next I went to my login id. There I happened to change the login ID with the different email address. After that only the windows 8 is continuously prompting to enter a new password. Now i have given you all the details to change the login. So it would be better if you can reply to me on the same, that’s what I am saying here. waiting for your response.

Ok changing or renaming the login is unfortunately not supported in the windows 8 consumer preview. One workaround for you is to go to the control panel and click on add a new user. Now setup a new desktop with your new Microsoft account email and elevate it to the admin using the class desktop control panel. Having done that delete the old account that you had. I am sure you will never get this problem again. So do try working on it and let me know if it works or not.

Hey there I have got a another solution which has worked for me. Hopefully it will work for you as well.
    - Disconnect your internet connection.
    - Now switch to the local account.
    - Do reconnect the internet connection
    - Now switch from local account to the connected account.
    Well this workaround did work for me I am sure it will do for you as well. give it a try and let me know about the results.

question Windows 8 consumer preview keeps asking for a password after changing the email of the connected account

Hi guys,
    I need your help.
    3 weeks ago I installed windows 8 customer preview. (I download that version thru internet) . Everything was ok until yesterday that I decide to restart my pc and doing that now windows ask me, my password to login and I completely forgot it. (and also i never created another account user or admin user) so I´m ****. I have try to start winodws in safe mode to try to reset my user but F8 dosent work anymore to start in safe mode I have searched online some people say use shift + f8 others said use ctrl + C. but nothing works for me. I have also tried to go to hotmail in other pc trying to login in the live id user but as well it says password is incorrect. so I´m stuck. CAN YOU GUYS HELP ME TO RESET MY PASSWORD OR ANY OTHER SOLUTION PLEASE

Quote Originally Posted by reneolmos View Post
    now windows ask me, my password to login and I completely forgot it. CAN YOU GUYS HELP ME TO RESET MY PASSWORD OR ANY OTHER SOLUTION PLEASE
    If there is no other admin account from where you can enter/rest password than the only way is to reset admin account with the help of 3rd party tools like Windows Password Rescuer, Windows Password Rescuer, Windows Password Breaker, etcc. You can search these terms in google for download and steps to follow.

Before that, if you are computer freak, you must use Windows password reset disk, or System Recovery Options.

ok thanks and all the windows recovery password or killers or rescue all of them the free version dosent work and It´s said that the only one is buying the professional version which means UD$50 .
    some body knows one for free. I can belive that people stoll money with this things.

Please help.
    thanks.

Am not sure if you can get it for free, but you can spend few minutes for searching the same on google. Anyways, another i found is resetting the password through safe mode. I know you can't get in Safe mode by simply pressing F8, its because the hotkey has been changed and now it is Shift + F8 for Windows 8. Give it a try. Enter safe mode and reset your admin account password.